Help with RPG Maker MZ code.

Astralweaver

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am considering purchasing RPG maker MZ, however, I wanted to verify something. Is it only available through steam or when you purchase it can you just get the code and install it in its own directory. I am not a big fan of using rpg makers through steam. I have purchased RPG maker 2003, XP, and MV and was able to get the code and run them without running through steam Is this still an option? Because it will determine if I purchase MZ or just stick with MV.

Thank You

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't have to buy through Steam. It is on preorder right here on the RMWeb Store:

10% off plus a further 10% off if you already own MV and purchased that through the web store (the first 10% will be applied straight away, the second 10% you'll only see when you go to the checkout page)

Astralweaver

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks Shaz the way this is worded is a little confusing.

※About Pre-purchasing RPG Maker MZ:
On transaction completion you will receive the files and key for RPG Maker MV and can use it right away. You will also receive the key to RPG Maker MZ which you can activate on Steam. However RPG Maker MZ files, and all the DLC files will only be delivered on the release date of RPG Maker MZ.

This is the disclaimer I saw on the web page. So does this mean if I preorder it, it will only be accessable on steam until the MZ is officially released and then you can use it without steam?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when purchasing MZ on this site's webstore, you'll get a key that works both for the standalone AND the steam version. Which one you use is up to you, you can even install both on the same computer (for example if you want to have RMMZ available in two languages.

However, you'll have to wait until the download is released before being able to use the standalone version. The key can be used on steam directly, but it will only register the game to your account and not enable you to download it until it is officially released.

however that only counts for windows. Due to some limitations from apple it is unlikely that there will be a MacOS standalone, so any Mac-User will probably have to use the steam version.

Astralweaver

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank You Andar that is what I was looking for!:)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, so MZ can be purchased on either platform, but will only be available to download on the 20th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Im really Happy that the MZ Hero looks like a Boy than a Man.
What the community thinks hackers do:
"Ok, now let's just type in the /win command, and... done!"

What hackers actually do:
"Alright, so I have a high jump mod installed, now I can just jump over everyone and be sneaky until I'm the last one standing."
When you gotta make a new tileset for each building because of a few differences.

20/24 done. Still no clue waht to put in 24, though...
I will be streaming RPG Maker demos very soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon95s