FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hiya! A long while ago, my grandmother got me RPG Maker XP (i was about 7 or 8 at the time, this is during the days of Windows 7)
the files were sent to her email (butterflyema55@gmail.com) along with the order ticket.. recently i've been meaning to dive back into XP just for the heck of it, as there are so many resources available for it (namely, scripts) In addition, i am working on backing up all of my old projects from my laptop to the cloud so i can look at them, and maybe even improve or continue them! ..But uh.. we haven't been able to find the email. Is the file just.. gone? Or is there a possibility of locating it?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I believe we also purchased RPG Maker VX Ace at some point as well, when it was on sale, should also be under my grandmother's email, didn't get that till i was 11.

tHANKS IN ADVNACE. Keyboards... Thanks in advance! :p)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How long ago are we talking? If you go far enough back, Degica didn't even handle distribution of keys for XP (not sure if Ace was always Degica or if that also went through someone else previously).

There was also an announcement a couple of years ago that due to some laws (which I won't go into as I don't remember the details and don't want to get it wrong, but if you search you'll be able to find the thread) purchase details before a certain date weren't able to be kept, which means anyone who bought before that date would not be able to reactivate their products.

I suspect you're going to be impacted by one of these things, so to be honest, you're probably just better off getting it again. I think XP is now less than $20 but if you keep an eye out on Humble Bundle you could get it for less (and Ace for a really low price as well) if you're happy to get a Steam key.

Anything other than that, you'll need to log a support ticket (see Support at top of this page) - just put zeros where it asks for your product key.

FrozenNuke0327

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I think i'll contact support, i'm not sure if i want to buy it again.. (especially when i am not working right now. ) Thanks anyways, tho, man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big_Boss