Help with Scripting Common Event

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Kinni, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Kinni

Kinni Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am here with a request that's both simple and complex. I'll try to speak only the essentials, but if you want more details, just ask:

First, some background. In my game, each actor will have a few variables associated with them. My question has to do with common events affecting those variables.

In a nutshell, I intend to have skills that hit a certain actor be able to affect the variables associated with that character. Events could do it too, but they can be done more easily with the engine. I want the skills to "feed" three constants into the common event, being used to define the actor, the specific variable targeted and the operation the common event will do.

My question is simple, how do I set up the script to be able to "feed" those constants into the event? And what do I write in the event to "receive" those constants to do all those things?

Small follow-up question: Are these variables persistent? Will they remain the same even when the game is closed and opened back? If not, I'll have to do some more things to make this work.

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Variables as the game variables in the event menu? Those are persistent in the save file.

3. Kinni

Kinni Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes. Those are exactly the ones I was thinking of. I thought that was it but it never hurts to check.

Edit: Changed the title of the thread to hopefully make it more clear what I need help with.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019