Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I use Photoshop to add tiles & lighting to maps, but I've run into a bit of an issue.

I'm currently using Seer's Fixed Pictures script to ensure that the light overlay moves with the camera, & it works perfectly, up until I added a "Shake Screen" event to the map. The background moves as it should while the overlay stays stuck in place. As a result, the lighting & background are out of sync. I know that the script is probably interfering with the event, but I don't know how to work around it.

Here's the code. If anyone knows a way around this, I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I know that the script is probably interfering with the event
Hmm, no. "Show Picture" was never in the same layer as a map layer. When the event shakes the map (or making tint screen), the picture didn't get affected. And that is the default behavior.

-------------------------------------
To scripters who want to fix this issue, I have some options bcz I don't think I will be writing the patch soon:

1. Create a different viewport only for the picture, then treat the viewport as the same as map viewport, such as shake effect, and tint screen. Optionally, you could also add that it's the picture with "[FIXED]" in the name that goes to the new viewport.
2. Make the picture viewport same as the map (i.e, instead of using viewport2, it's using viewport1) and make sure it's always displayed above everything else
3. Treat viewport2 the same as the map viewport.

Momochy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm, no. "Show Picture" was never in the same layer as a map layer. When the event shakes the map (or making tint screen), the picture didn't get affected. And that is the default behavior.

-------------------------------------
To scripters who want to fix this issue, I have some options bcz I don't think I will be writing the patch soon:

1. Create a different viewport only for the picture, then treat the viewport as the same as map viewport, such as shake effect, and tint screen. Optionally, you could also add that it's the picture with "[FIXED]" in the name that goes to the new viewport.
2. Make the picture viewport same as the map (i.e, instead of using viewport2, it's using viewport1) and make sure it's always displayed above everything else
3. Treat viewport2 the same as the map viewport.
I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean :kaoswt2:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean :kaoswt2:
Let me see if I can put it in a more simpler term. Scrolling the is different with shake screen and tint.
Basically, shake and tint are an "effect". Picture and map are in a different layer. Map is placed in layer 1, and picture is placed in layer 2
When you apply the "effect" like shake screen or tint, it only applied to layer 1, and it doesn't affect layer 2, which was the reason why your picture does not get affected by screen shake.

As for the text below "--------------", you don't need to understand it. It's just my note if there's any scripter willing to give a hand.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@Momochy I've removed the code, we'd prefer you to just link to it, rather than copy it here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGLordLight