Help with "Shake Screen" event?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Momochy, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I use Photoshop to add tiles & lighting to maps, but I've run into a bit of an issue.

I'm currently using Seer's Fixed Pictures script to ensure that the light overlay moves with the camera, & it works perfectly, up until I added a "Shake Screen" event to the map. The background moves as it should while the overlay stays stuck in place. As a result, the lighting & background are out of sync. I know that the script is probably interfering with the event, but I don't know how to work around it.

Here's the code. If anyone knows a way around this, I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2019
  2. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm, no. "Show Picture" was never in the same layer as a map layer. When the event shakes the map (or making tint screen), the picture didn't get affected. And that is the default behavior.

-------------------------------------
    To scripters who want to fix this issue, I have some options bcz I don't think I will be writing the patch soon:

1. Create a different viewport only for the picture, then treat the viewport as the same as map viewport, such as shake effect, and tint screen. Optionally, you could also add that it's the picture with "[FIXED]" in the name that goes to the new viewport.
    2. Make the picture viewport same as the map (i.e, instead of using viewport2, it's using viewport1) and make sure it's always displayed above everything else
    3. Treat viewport2 the same as the map viewport.

Heirukichi likes this.
  3. Momochy

Momochy Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean :kaoswt2:

4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Let me see if I can put it in a more simpler term. Scrolling the is different with shake screen and tint.
    Basically, shake and tint are an "effect". Picture and map are in a different layer. Map is placed in layer 1, and picture is placed in layer 2
    When you apply the "effect" like shake screen or tint, it only applied to layer 1, and it doesn't affect layer 2, which was the reason why your picture does not get affected by screen shake.

As for the text below "--------------", you don't need to understand it. It's just my note if there's any scripter willing to give a hand.

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@Momochy I've removed the code, we'd prefer you to just link to it, rather than copy it here.