RMMV Help with showing healing animations in front view.

Jester926

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyo, so i've been working on some animations, and i've run into an issue i can't seem to get an answer anywhere i look for. My rpg is front view, and whenever i use skills that target the user, the animations wont show. Every thread i've seen that exists asking this same question either has barely or no answers. If theres a plugin or a line in the js i need to edit to make this work, some pointers would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default animations play on battlers, but actors have no battlers in frontview. I think you'd need some sort of plugin for this, so

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Thank you.

Suggestions:
  1. Something to play actor-target animations on the appropriate window, e.g. (paid):

2. Or something to reposition sideview battlers so they are in frontview-like positions, e.g. the SVActorPosition plugin that ships with RMMV. On the Steam version, this can be found in RMMV's install folder, under dlc/KadokawaPlugins; I assume it's similar for the standalone version. I think this would still cause animations to display under the status window, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And here I thought I've lost my music sense. Good exercise once in a while
Made Edits to a Character Art from 'Hibiki Katakura MV Monsters' (DLC), to Look More like One of My Own Characters. :LZScheeze:

Decided to retake an old concept I was working on long ago, first change I decided to tackle on right away is the sprites. Never been fan of the default chibis, so I edited it a bit... :kaoswt:
8YavqRj.png

Not sure if this will be the final take, but I like it more than the regular one.
Need a few testers for my new plugin, any takers?
Good night (or day) to everyone! :smile:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nitzehl