(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello fellow game developers :)

I'm having a problem with a skill I've created. The skill is an attack that casts a buff that causes the enemies' HP to decrease by 10 percent each round. The enemy can't move for three turns.

The skill works as it's supposed to when I play test it in my game, but when the enemy dies the battle doesn't end. I have to select an action for the actor to complete before the battle will end.

I thought there may be some kind of conflict with a script, so I created the skill on a clean test game and, surprise, the enemy doesn't die at all. I've even set the skill to subtract 100 percent of the enemy's HP and still the battle continues on and on without the enemy dying, no matter how many times I cast the spell.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I studied other skills with similar settings and everything seems to be set correctly. One thing I did note is when the enemy's turn comes around, there's no popup stating how much damage was done as a result of the buff.

Any help is appreciated. Here are screenshots of my settings.

Skill - Mind Games

skillprobs1.png

State - Dark Thoughts

skillsprob2.png

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By default, you cannot die from negative regeneration in RPGMaker. If you wish for characters to die from that, you need to turn on KO from slip damage in the system tab.

AcosmicDevi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, you cannot die from negative regeneration in RPGMaker. If you wish for characters to die from that, you need to turn on KO from slip damage in the system tab.
Did not know that. I'll try that. Thanks for the help :)

ETA: Okay, well, did this on the test project and the skill worked as it was supposed to. So it appears in my regular project there is some type of script conflict. Seems I need to go a diggin'.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I thought I heard (read?) somewhere that some of the battle engines will not kill the enemy until an action has been entered? Something to do with how they refresh the states? I may be offbase here, but that might be a place to start.

AcosmicDevi

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I thought I heard (read?) somewhere that some of the battle engines will not kill the enemy until an action has been entered? Something to do with how they refresh the states? I may be offbase here, but that might be a place to start.
You were right. Through trial and error, I found out it was Mr. Bubble's Auto Life script causing the problem. I'll see if I can fix on my own; otherwise, I guess I need to email the creator.

Thanks for your help :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dusk_13