Help with skill that reduces HP to 1

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Beminfire, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    ^ The title

I tried b.hp - (b.hp - 1) as my Damage but it's not working. Instead the attack literally just does 1 damage. What am I doing wrong? If it makes any difference the enemy is using the skill my characters had attack and magic attack buffs on them. Thanks in advance.

2. Rhaeami

Rhaeami The Sleepy-Eyed One Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I might be missing something here - it seems too simple - but what about simply "b.hp - 1" with nothing else? Also, set variance to 0%, definitely. :kaoswt2:

3. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Rhaeami Guard status will still reduce the damage by half though if you do it that way.

I'd try something like: b.setHp(1)

4. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    I'll do both
    Results: I set variance to 0, and all "b.hp - 1" was make it so the attack was extra strong, I'm not sure (The target had ~1200 hp and it dealt ~600) and the enemy I was using to test the skill had only 10 attack.

5. Beminfire

Beminfire Shibe Member

First Language:
    English
    OH okay so what I had by my last comment meant that it could have worked if I hadn't guarded so I'll try again without doing that.
    Results: "b.hp - 1" worked and successfully reduced their hp to 1. Thanks Rhaeami and Arithmetician for helping.

6. Arithmetician

Arithmetician Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @Beminfire You're welcome.

And now, while I'm not a mod, I'll make two points so they don't have to and since you're new.

1. Double-posting is against the rules. Edit your older posts to add new material if no one else has posted since your last post.

2. Including the entirety of someone else's post in quotes is against the rules. It makes the pages take longer to load than necessary.

Again, you probably didn't know those rules. Just try to observe them going forward.