Allregiona

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Right basically,

I have created a starter town and all and basically I want to make it so you have to have collected a Pokemon before leaving.

I have no idea how to do this

Help please

jknightandkarr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What about buying one at a shop or maybe doing an errand for someone and you get one from them in return?

Joe

rpgmakerxp

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right basically,

I have created a starter town and all and basically I want to make it so you have to have collected a Pokemon before leaving.

I have no idea how to do this

Help please

Ok here's what you have to do.  I'm guessing you're using a Professor to "give" a pokemon?  If so, all you have to do is...

1. go to control switch

2. double click in single and name your switch "has first pokemon".  (This is added when you receive a pokemon from the professor or whoever gives it to you has this switch activate in their "event")

3. To block the player from leaving there's 2 good ways to do this with events. One is parallel process via the player's X/Y on the map, the other would be a simple event on the floor. I'll explain the simple event on the floor since it's easier.

Go ahead and click on the "exit/s" to the first town you've made.  And select "conditional branch" and select "switch".  Oh and forgot to mention, select the event to "player touch".

4. select the switch you created earlier called "has first pokemon", and check that it is "on" select ok.

5. After the conditional branch, go ahead and select a "transport" option to the next map/town and the player can leave freely after they obtained their first pokemon.

6. to "block" them from leaving, on the same event/s where you set the conditional branch on the exit(all exits from the first town) where it says "else" click under that.

7.  This is where you type/add what you want to happen if the player hasn't received their first pokemon yet from the professor.  You can have an NPC appear and push the player back, you can just have your character say something like "I should get a pokemon first" and walk backwards once and turn to town (using "set move route on player").  It's up to you.  There's lots of ways to do it.

8. after all that just playtest it to see if it works for you how you want.

9. Remember to be adding event pages to stuff like the professor who gives you a "pokemon" and setting control switch A on(you turn on the switch at the end of the previous event page most of the time), etc. to keep him from continuing to repeatedly giving you free pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Profile Posts

Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.
 …I think I might need to switch from standard ATK/DEF up/down buffs to parameter altering states. I just had an actor whose usual attack against an enemy does ~25 do a buffed attack against a debuffed enemy for ~600…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMonkiShogun