PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to RPGmaker MV, so I'm trying to figure out the best way to do my own day/night cycles. I know there are plugins and scripts but I haven't figured out how to implement them, and I'm pretty confident that I can do tthe logic behind the transitions as I've done it in Gamemaker (with lots of help). I need help with the following:

I want to make a common event that controls the tint shifting for each time of day, but I want to be able to throw an event on each map that controls this. So when you walk inside a house the suns not shining or the house is dark etc.

I've created the common event that controls the tint shifting, I just need to know how to apply it with events and switches etc. The more specific the better for me, as I'm still a huge noob. Thanks in advance!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The I suggest you take some time of working on your game to learn the engine, because that will massively speed up your later work.

Please follow the link to the "starting point" in my signature and work through the tutorials mentioned there, especially the "Cariables Guide" game.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
or use this link if you want to event it.

But what Andar said, learn the software and do the inbuilt tutorial if your a new to learn all or most basics.
besides that, learn how to create maps and event through watching video's as well before even dealing with
plugins itself.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your logic is almost complete. The common event would handle the tinting, and would be called on each map. Have an event set to parallel process on each map, set a variable to a certain value (you could use 1 for indoors and 2 for outdoors etc.), then call the tinting common event. Use erase event at the end so that the event stops processing but will run again upon map-entry.

The common event would check the value of the variable and tint accordingly.

But really, do what Andar said. Get familiar with RPG Maker and in no time you can event your own systems.

PKirkby

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone, I'm going to keep at it and it should come together.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:
I've been trying to work on more "complete" artworks and so far... I'm in so much pain Its really annoying how easy is to completely mess up the proportions and perspectives, but I guess I can only keep practicing
xW1ByDU.jpg
Apologies for the bugs featured in the Red Light preview build (although it is a preview), they should've been fixed in the new patch I just released. View the previous profile post for a link to the Itch.io.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmoGhost420