Status
Not open for further replies.

kibcob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm fairly new to RPG Maker and I've been working on an RPG in RMVXA. I've been creating my tilesets and I've come across an "error" that I would like some help with, along with some texture formatting advice. In the following picture, the "error" s have been circles in red. The one on the right is having those arbitrary black lines appear in the fenceposts. The one on the bottom left is actually lacking some black lines that are supposed to be on the top of the fenceposts.

eshwjkdklfjsdlkflkdjhfl.png

The following image shows the fenceposts in the tileset of Outside_A2.png . 

fkjlfhsgskjheeeee.png

If anyone can help me fix these irritating issues, I will be very thankful for your assistance!

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It look like the formatting is off by one pixel in some areas. I'll have a look at the graphic and see if I can fix it. Would it be ok for you to post the graphic in its original size, so that I can see better how it lines up with the grid?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We have a section dedicated to help with resource creation, so I'll move this thread there.

@kibcob I know that many engines etc. use the term 'textures' but it's probably easier if you use the RPGMaker term which is just 'tile' .  This enables you to distinguish between a tile and an auto-tile (i.e. one which is on tab A of your tile set) because what you are referring to here is an auto-tile which, as you know, has its own formatting rules.

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

kibcob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@LadyBaskerville Sure thing, here you go. I apologize for not having the whole Outside_A2 file entirely redone, but as time goes on I shall get it finished.

Outside_A2.png

kibcob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you @kjsp17 for re positioning the thread. I'm sorry that I unknowingly posted this in the wrong forum, which I shall be more strict on where I place my newer posts.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I opened the image in Photoshop with a grid set to 16 pixels, since that is how the autotile graphics are split up in RPG Maker VX Ace, and I noticed that some of the horizontal lines are one pixel too high - they go into the square above them, which is why you were having issues with lines appearing in the wrong places. I circled them in red:

Fence_kidcob_1.png

(I also noticed that your fence graphic is a bit too wide on the upper right - circled in orange - but you probably would have fixed that anyway once you got to the autotile right to the fence, so it's not really important.)

So I just moved the tops of those three fenceposts down a bit:

Fence_kidcob_2.png

I tested the graphic a bit, and couldn't find any other problems (but of course I might have missed something). So here's the fixed tilesheet:

Fence_kidcob_3.png

Just in case you want to have a look again at how exactly the different kinds of autotiles work in RPG Maker VX Ace, I found this thread extremely helpful:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/31077-how-to-create-autotiles-video-series/

kibcob

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@LadyBaskerville Thank you very much for helping me! Thank you also for recommending the thread of autotile formats, I've been curious to how the tilesets would automatically link together. Once again, thank you so much!

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:
I just watched a trailer for the upcoming 2021 JRPG Fantasian. They demonstrated an interesting mechanic where random encounters can be sent to a stockpile instead of fighting them right away, which can be emptied in a single battle string at the player's choice of timing.
"The pleasure from the senses seems like nectar at first, but it is sour as the toxin in the end." -Kirshna
Just finished my first ever game - Aeon's Destiny! This was a lifelong dream and after hundreds of hours, I've made something I'm very proud of. Please check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drackdragon113