(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
redboy2.png
I have this bust that I want to use in my game but it has this weird green aura that I don't quite know how to get rid of... unless I remove it pixel by pixel in MS Paint. The program I draw on requires you to have a background, and I've already done two of these drawings. The pink is the transparent part, but when I turned the background pink, some of the green stayed around the line art.
Does anyone know a way to resolve this kind of thing?blondgirl2.png
A bigger image the had the same issue... but I used a blue background for this one.

gothicvoid

[GothicVoid]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
why not use GIMP? it is free and more user friendly.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's a good idea. I'll redo them in gimp, and see if it helps. :)

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I used gimp, and it worked on most of the images but not on this one.. it still gives him a green line around him. Should I just erase the line in paint or try something else?

redboy2.png

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would try using the Magic Select tool in GIMP, lowering the threshold so that you only get the green line, and then color it all in with the background you've chosen

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would try using the Magic Select tool in GIMP, lowering the threshold so that you only get the green line, and then color it all in with the background you've chosen
Thanks! This worked! I hope that I can improve my digital art skills in the future.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Glad it worked!

(If the problem is solved, it would be good for you to report your initial post and write something like "thread is solved" in the reason for reporting in order to have a moderator close the thread.)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tarzanthecat why are you using color replacement transparency?
that is usually a bad idea because of several disadvantages compared to true transparency.

OK, MS Paint destroys all true transparencies, but it appears that you already switched to GIMP.
And if you use a true transparency as a background and store the pictures as PNG (JPG or BMP don't have true transparency either), everything should be easier.

as to your border - that depends on the settings for the fill and selection tools. In the better programs they have settings to decide where the border is, and those green lines happen if the border detection has the wrong settings. Unfortunately I don't use GIMP and can't tell you where those settings are in that program.

Tarzanthecat

(Meow)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The art program that works with the cheep (and most likely bootleg) drawing tablet I have destroys transparencies. I have a Microsoft Surface GO, I just have to find the pen in unpacked boxes in the garage. After that I can just draw right on to the pc using GIMP or whatever other art program I can find.

(I meant to reply... and I just made a comment. How do I fix that lel)

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm in a much better mood about my game than I was 2-3 days ago. I keep switching between sideview and front because of the amount of assets needed for side (I'm drawing it all myself)... but I've decided to stick with front, for my own sanity. sidenote... people, planning is important. I've spent so long on just getting my game's ideas off the ground because I didn't plan ahead.
unknown.png

"Fight me."
I'll finally wash my clothes today!
SA46ATTACK.gif :kaojoy:New Arab character in action.
I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmBee