Help with the Yanfly Class System

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by MrAwesomeAiden, Jul 30, 2016.

1. MrAwesomeAiden

MrAwesomeAiden Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, I'm looking to use Yanfly's Class Change and Subclass plugins to make it so that my heroes all have their own section of sub-classes that the player can swap through.

For example, one of my heroes was going to have 3 subclasses named "Tank", "Brawler", and "Reckless". And each of these would give the player different moves and abilities depending on the subclass of their choosing. I also thought this could add a new layer of depth to battles in which the player may need to make a decision about what subclass the heroes should have for certain situations. You may need a "Healer" and a "Tank" at one point, but later fights may require the use of a "Brawler" for faster hitting blows, or "Reckless" for tons of damage at the cost of potentially getting confused/enraged.

Thing is, I don't know if there even is a way to lock subclasses, or even just the regular classes so that I don't end up with a Cleric type hero becoming a "Brawler" or a Warrior becoming a "Pyromancer". The game is primarily character driven, and all of the characters classes reflect their personalities. So a magic-hating Warrior using magic attacks wouldn't make sense and be out of character for the game.

If anyone has a solution to my problem, even if it's another different plugin, please let me know.

2. Sketchward

Sketchward Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I believe Yanfly's class system allows the use of restrictions through notetags.

Open up your Database, go to the characters, and copy/paste these into the Notes section:

<Restrict Class: x>
    <Restrict Class: x, x, x>
    <Restrict Class: x to y>
    This particular actor cannot switch his or her primary class to class(es) x (to y). This does not apply to the subclass. The actor can still change to this class via event.

<Restrict Subclass: x>
    <Restrict Subclass: x, x, x>
    <Restrict Subclass: x to y>
    This particular actor cannot switch his or her subclass to class(es) x (to y). This does not apply to the primary class. The actor can still change to this subclass via event.

So for example, if you don't want your Cleric switching to the three classes you mentioned, you would type <Restrict Subclass: x, x, x> where the X's are replaced with the database number for your class (something like 0001).

Hope this helps!

3. Sketchward

Sketchward Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just as a more in-depth example, I'm going to call your first character a Fighter whose class is the first in your class page at 0001.

His 3 subclasses are 0002 Tank, 0003 Brawler, 0004 Reckless.

Then your Cleric would be at 0005 with his 3 Subclasses at 0006, 0007 and 0008.

Go to your Classes section of the database and type this in your 0001 Fighter notes:
    <Primary Only>

Then go to the Tank, Brawler and Reckless and type this in their notes:
    <Subclass Only>
    <Requires Class: 0001>

Then go to your Actors tab and type this in your Fighter's notes:
    <Restrict Class: 0005, 0006, 0007, 0008>

What this will do is set Fighter to a Primary Class and his 3 Subclasses to Subclasses that require the Fighter Primary.

It will stop your Fighter from changing to a Cleric, and stop your Fighter from changing Subclasses outside of Tank, Brawler, Reckless.

MrAwesomeAiden likes this.
  4. MrAwesomeAiden

MrAwesomeAiden Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you so much! This will defenetly help me :)