SlappyTheMedic

Memelord
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Howdy! I'm having problems making a fangame of one of my favorite RPG maker games, and i'm having trouble with the tileset passibility! Some tiles will not allow me to pass which is what i want, but when i enter a different map with the same tileset, the tiles that would not let me pass will let me pass, which i do not want! I put all of the tiles i wanted to not be able to be passable on X in tilesets, but it still doesnt seem to work, i'm not very familiar with the software, so i dont have a clue what it could be. Any help?

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you using the very same tilesets in these maps? Or do you use the same tiles in different tilesets?

Can you post a screenshot of the tilesets?

SlappyTheMedic

Memelord
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Are you using the very same tilesets in these maps? Or do you use the same tiles in different tilesets?

Can you post a screenshot of the tilesets?
I believe i am? First time using this software so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but I do keep changing the tilesets a bit to add some things i need for the game.
upload_2017-9-17_10-49-17.png
upload_2017-9-17_10-49-39.pngupload_2017-9-17_10-49-17.png upload_2017-9-17_10-49-39.png upload_2017-9-17_10-49-17.png upload_2017-9-17_10-49-39.png

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, everything looks fine there.

Do you always build your maps with the tileset zone 0, right?

Check if you are not using any "blank" upper layer tile on your maps with the O mark. It allows the player to pass through the X Low Layer tiles.
The best way to do this is to select a upper layer "visible" tile and paint the whole map with the Paint Bucket tool.

First time using this software so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see... Why don't you check my tutorial series for begginers in RM2k3? :wink:

SlappyTheMedic

Memelord
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Well, everything looks fine there.

Do you always build your maps with the tileset zone 0, right?

Check if you are not using any "blank" upper layer tile on your maps with the O mark. It allows the player to pass through the X Low Layer tiles.
The best way to do this is to select a upper layer "visible" tile and paint the whole map with the Paint Bucket tool.

I see... Why don't you check my tutorial series for begginers in RM2k3? :wink:
Thank you so much! It works now! Ill check out those tutorials :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on the Unity thing: I had to redo all my map graphics for Unity because the originals were from XP, but it actually looks so much better now in Unity, so I genuinely might make the switch.
Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamilonewolf