Not open for further replies.

skyebot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I have an issue in RPGMAKER MV where when in an event creation I will use the transfer player command and it will not let me select a map other then the one i am already on, I have never had this problem before but it is happening to every map in my current project, is this something I can fix? I had a video but I can't attach here (so if it is nessecary just tell me and ill post it somewhere and provide a link) and I don't know if pictures will illustrate my issue any better then words. Sorry if this is a dumb question I have very little knowledge when it comes to stuff like code so I have been trying to learn as much as possible but it has been all really confusing even when it goes right, so when it goes wrong I am super lost.

Okay it took me like three hours but I figured it out! Super happy Right now and I have no clue on how to delete posts.

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why delete, this could help others? What was the Error in the End?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please post what the issue was. Very curious.

skyebot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That is a fair point! I only didn't post why because I am afraid it is something probably obvious to most people. What I was doing wrong was not clicking on a specific tile on the map an instead just clicking the map itself, So i'm guessing it just didn't register the change as it had no specific point to transport my character to. I don't remember having to do that before, but I probably did it and just didn't realize. I am slightly embarrassed over how simple the issue turned out to be especially with how long it took me to realize but if others may find it useful I guess its no big deal haha.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes, now that you say it, I do remember someone having the same issue before. And it did take a while to figure out.

Don't ever be worried about having issues that might be obvious to most people. I can guarantee that others have the same issue but might not be game to post about it. So posting, and including your solution, will help them. Actually, if you searched, you could probably find that thread - just depends on what words were used to describe it.

skyebot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes, now that you say it, I do remember someone having the same issue before. And it did take a while to figure out.

Don't ever be worried about having issues that might be obvious to most people. I can guarantee that others have the same issue but might not be game to post about it. So posting, and including your solution, will help them. Actually, if you searched, you could probably find that thread - just depends on what words were used to describe it.
Thank you so much ! that's very kind. Your right I probably could have found it, I just kind of gave up after searching a bit, but I should have changed my wording that often makes a huge difference.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
sometimes it's just really hard to find things - especially considering you'd be searching for "map" which is a small enough word to be ignored :D

You can report your first post and let the mods know your issue is resolved. They'll close the thread for you.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Suddenly arrived to work and got the pink slip on a contract O_O wait, did i forget something??? (sobbing in corner rn)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mordei