hexedronin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In my game I wish my player would not have to walk anywhere to interact with NPCs or travel from map to map. I kind of want a menu like the etrian odyssey series where pretty much you start in town square and you are given menu to travel to locations like "shop" or "inn" and once you are inside the area like "shop" or "inn" you are given a menu of what you would like to do, like "buy", "rest", or travel to another area. how would I do this without having my player move?

[IMG]http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Etrian-Odyssey-II-Untold-3.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
You should be able to do this without plugins, but it will be ugly.

I strongly recommend you to request a plugin for this.

hexedronin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
okay, thank you very much.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This query is not about design so much as implementation.  "How do I...?" questions belong to the Support forum for the engine you are using.  

I've moved this thread to JS/Plugin requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
theoretically you could do this with events, using show choices as a selection for each menu level.

This has limits as the event used for this can get very long - in MV the show choices are limited to six options, and going deeper than two levels is tedious. And this doesn't even take into consideration that the transfer commands inside such an event are usually fixed as it is difficult to use variables for targeting there.

You can try to do it with events if you have a really limited number of options (a menu like Etrian Odyssee is probably the absolute maximum handable and might still need a reduction to six options per page), but a plugin request might be better here.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone here ever confronted a never-ending loading screen? Took me 3 hours to realize the problem was the font format :yswt:
Ah, the problems a noob runs into...
WOOHOO!! FIXED A MAJOR SHOP PROBLEM I HAD FOR MONTHS, WHAT A WAY TO END MY STAY-CATION!
44 viewers at the same time!! :p That must be a personal record! ;)

1643393895196.png

I tried to make a face portrait.
it's the first ever time I try something like this, hope it came out decently even if it was my first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashvstheworld