Help with "Type Error - undefined is not a function"

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by lvkennelly, Aug 10, 2016.

1. lvkennelly

lvkennelly Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, please could someone help me on this as it's been baffling me for hours? I took out ALL my other plugins to make sure it wasn't a conflicting plugin error but I still got this error for this a custom menu plugin with just those ones in there  :( I also tried these plugins on an entirely new project to check it wasn't a problem with the plugins themselves but it worked perfectly fine on there! So something in my project is mucking it up but I can't work out what! 

Below is the developer tools screenshot, could someone please help me make sense of this? (The black scribbled out bits are just my project name as it's a secret for now hehe :') 

Thank you very very much to anyone who can help!

hellpppp.png

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

lvkennelly likes this.
  3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "undefined" and "nomethod" errors say that part of the data is not defined correctly. This can be caused by only four possibilities:

1) you loaded an older, incompatible savefile - a lot of scripts/plugins require the use of newgame and make all existing savefiles useless.

2) one of the plugins is not configured correctly (missing files, wrong notetags, missing values in plugin properties etc.

3) one of the plugins is defective and not yet operational

4) two plugins/scripts you have are incompatible to each other, overriding the other's data functions.

You need to check which one it is for yourself as we don't have access to your project

4. lvkennelly

lvkennelly Villager Member

First Language:
    English

Hi Andar thanks very much for your help! But I still can't work out the problem :( I thought that was the case so I've been searching like mad trying to find what's undefined but I can't work it out! It's weird because when I put the plugins in a blank game file they worked fine as well so I know it's nothing to do with that, but I also tried all of the your 4 points

1.) I did it with a new game rather than a save to be sure but no joy :(

2.) The plugins are all fine because I tested them in a blank project and they worked fine

3.) same as what I did for 2 so they work :)

4.) I deleted all my other plugins on the game just to test it wasn't a conflicting plugin problem and it still didn't work

Sooo.. I'm thinking it has to be something wrong in my database?? Would me adding notetags to certain items or weapons etc have an effect on a custom menu plugin or would that not affect it? I'm so confused ahhh any extra help would be massively appreciated thank you so much!!

EDIT: The creator of the plugins just released an updated version which now works fine with my game!! :D Nevertheless thanks very much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2016