Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I am very new to RPG Maker MV: and had an idea for doing something.

The concept is: each time a status effect is applied, a specified variable has +1 added to it. I have a common event set up for this.

However, I face two issues.

A: I'm uncertain of if the conditional branch "has: state" applies for each frame of combat in which they have it, each turn, or, what I want, which is each time it is applied.

B: I want to be able to set the variable to 0 upon a combat encounter ending, but I'm unsure of how to do that.

Any help is appreciated

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you take a step back and first explain what that variable is supposed to do with that info.
because there are several ways to handle this, and giving you the answer for the way that leads into the wrong direction would cause more problems than it solves.

just for example, the answer to how often the conditional branch is applied depends on how often a troop event with it is processed, and that depends on the troop event, not on the event command.

Clackwork

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest you take a step back and first explain what that variable is supposed to do with that info.
because there are several ways to handle this, and giving you the answer for the way that leads into the wrong direction would cause more problems than it solves.

just for example, the answer to how often the conditional branch is applied depends on how often a troop event with it is processed, and that depends on the troop event, not on the event command.
The variable is going to be used for damage formula for a specific ability, in where the attack modifier of the character is multiplied by the amount of said variable.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would be easier solved with damage rates - give that skill a unique damage element, and then give all states that are to affect it a damage rate trait instead.

that said, there are two ways to handle the variable if you're sure you want it that way.
one is using a troop event that counts every turn how many states are there, and overwrites the number every time (so that states that are gone no longer add, and that there is no need to consider the timing)
the other is using a plugin that gives eval-notetags on the sates, there are several of those.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm making Toilet in Wonderland 2. and tell vinny about it lol
WE ARE THE BORG. YOUR BIOLOGICAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL DISTINCTIVENESS WILL BE ADDED TO OUR OWN. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
D2R save files are so broken. how was the beta test better then the full release. blizzard's last hope crashed and burned.
they're getting no more chances from me.
Anyone going to talk about Chris Pratt Mario?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biscoitovelho