help with variables and switches?

Arizt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello!! first of all it clarified that I am still new to this and I am more of those who write the story than to develop all this but in the same way I try to contribute in everything I can.

We are new and most of all we are working on this project as something of pure fun for a fandom, but we already started with the difficulties.

You see, at the end of the cut-scene, the player has the freedom to investigate in the room, but when he tries to leave, a dialogue appears that says: "I should take a shower first" and the player cant leave until he look around but most importantly he take a /shower\ and that when he interacts with the bathtub, theres another cut-scene activated, sounds and that, the player change his appearance and only after that is when hes allow to leave the room.

But it doesn't happen like that.

When the first scene ends and the player try to leave the room, no dialogue appears, instead hes automatically send to another map (the hallway) and when you try to return to the room you appear in bed (same position where he appears after the first cut scene)

Im not good at this but I have tried to see tutorial is and help but I cannot find a way, also we must take into account that we are new, could someone help? Here I leave the screenshots...

Because of this I have not been able to advance with the end of the story ... and the worst case is that I managed to fix this, but I was not able to save it... :c

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I think most important to know is that, when having multiple pages with conditions, the page with highest page number and all conditions fit is used. So I can see, the door has 2 pages but no conditions, so page 2 is always active.
Knowing this, you should just practice a little bit :)

Arizt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But what about the others events (the one in the bathroom, and why the npc never disappears? Are those ok? Or is there something to be fix it? Wait, I asked one of my friends (the one who’s doing this) he said he tried many times but the same error happened.

Either no dialogue and no transfer to another map, or just the transfer

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The one from the bathroom fits in the same explanation @V_Aero says. The 2nd page is always active since it is the higher page in the event.

Arizt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so basically bathroom event and door event must have only 1 page? Also, I got another response in a diff group, the persone told me to make different copies of the same map like.

The first cut-scene in one map, then the events in a copy of the same map, should I do that?

V_Aero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I dont have much time right now, and also you should practice it by yourself :)

Some common things: Having no conditions on page 2 is usually a bad sign as then page 2 is always active and page 1 never is. Also, why do you do Self Switch Off when interacting? Then page 1 is active again and the event command is repeated.

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, so basically bathroom event and door event must have only 1 page? Also, I got another response in a diff group, the persone told me to make different copies of the same map like.

The first cut-scene in one map, then the events in a copy of the same map, should I do that?
I don't think so. You can manage only one map.
Did you try to do the tutorial that comes with RPG maker mv? I think it will help you to learn about events ^^

Arizt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@V_Aero These screenshots are for the last attempt, so we change the number of page 1-2 conditions, switches and variables

@Eliaquim already tried, anyways i guess either can watching tutorials or just keep writing the story, this is a headache

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@V_Aero These screenshots are for the last attempt, so we change the number of page 1-2 conditions, switches and variables

@Eliaquim already tried, anyways i guess either can watching tutorials or just keep writing the story, this is a headache
Dont worry! You will surely get it! ^^

Hyouryuu-Na

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bangla
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As V_Aero already said, MV runs the event page with the highest number. You can either use self switches or switches for the transportation.
And you don't need two maps for this. You can do it in the same map.
When the player takes a shower, you'll have to turn off the event later, right? You use self switches for that. If you don't mind using script calls, you can use this condition for the door:
$gameSelfSwitches.value([map id, event id of the shower event, self switch]==true {where self switch is 'A' or 'B' etc. And don't put leading 0 in front of numbers}
Otherwise, you can turn on a switch when they're done showering and put that in the page conditions for the door. Either will work. I don't recommend using script calls like that but I do so myself because it saves me a lot of switches.
Once the cutscene is done, make sure to turn it off with a self switch in a new page so that the autroun/parallel event doesn't automatically keep happening.
Watching tutorials will help and trying stuff out yourself is the best way to learn ^^ You'll probably keep on getting stuck but you'll get the hang of it soon. Good luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha