AloneForLong

Seksy Catgirl
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
All I’m doing is using a modified version of Brewmeister’s Wavy Screen effect;
It is getting really difficult since I have very little experience with Ruby... Also pls move this to the right forum if needed, since I actually don’t know where else this is supposed to go.

I’m trying to modify not the code itself, it’s just fine- but I’m trying to modify it so that I can have a script call in the event interpreter to modify the wave_amp, wave_length, and wave_speed properties of a picture.
Here’s the example

(At the end of the original code)
Ruby:
class Game_interpreter
    def waveoption(id, leng, amp, spd)
        @picture.number = id #keeps saying there's no defined method; i know its in the wrong class and everything too i dont know how to refer to the instance of Picture sprite...
        @picture.number.wave_amp = amp
        @picture.number.wave_length = leng
        @picture.number.wave_speed = spd
    end
end
now I have no idea how to refer to that instance of the Picture sprite, and get the picture number (namely picture #20), then modify the sprite properties to change the wave effect properties... I looked in the help menu so much, but i didn’t find anything.
If u could tell me what I’m doing wrong, or if you need more info, please reply...
Thanks.

ZirconStorms

VX & VX Ace Scripts
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why would you need to get the id through the script call if you're trying to only affect picture ID 20...?

Also you should probably link to the script you're using so it's easier for people to help out.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
IIRC, the pictures are saved in an array, so picture.number would really be wrong as you call array members via arrayname[index].. I forgot which class has that picture array and the exact name of the array though. I think its on Game_Screen but not sure.. Do a global search in your script editor (CTRL+SHIFT+F) for @picture and see if anything comes up or look up Game_Interpreter and find the part which handles the Show Picture event command, that will lead you to how to get the picture.

AloneForLong

Seksy Catgirl
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm... thanks for helping, i believe i've figured it out now... I'm actually going to think about just changing parameters for several picture ids... thanks for helping guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.
Realized a tad too late that lighting scripts are the main culprit in performance nosedive. Guess the flashlight had to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobibend