Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have been messing with the base scripts for the engine and I have found something rather odd.

For some reason the Window_MenuStatus is drawn backwards - Instead of Top Left then going down it starts from Top Right going down. As a result I cannot do what I want to with the Window_MenuActor when an item is selected for use, as with way it is coded it ALWAYS clamps to the right side of the screen and extends the desired width to the LEFT.

Setting the X value to anything wont move the window at all, left or right. Changing the Y value will shift the window up or down as you would normally expect. Changing the width only changes how far to the left it will extend. Changing height seems to be a bit weird on how it works as well, but that's not the main problem.

Can someone possibly explain to me why the Window_MenuStatus/Window_MenuActor is clamping to the right side and not drawing like every other window in the engine? Any help on this will be much appreciated! :)

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Bumpity Bump-bump!

I've have tried many different things, and yet nothing seems to be working besides shifting the window up/down or making it wider. Still clamps to the right side of the screen for some reason. -.-

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Bumping again, as I just got back from vacation away from the interwebs for a week and still had no luck solving this issue. No one with ANY kind of idea to try? :o   Im starting to lose my mind and with this being the only window that acts like this it really throws off the menu design I did for everything else in my game

Ahuramazda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After many more different attempts I finally found it... it is not controlled from rpg_windows.js like you would expect, but from rpg_scenes.js in a section for calling a sub window, and it appears to ONLY be used for that single window, so I got my edit finished and its working without any odd side effects as of the moment.

so an admin or whoever can lock or delete this thread.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fencis