Help with XAS ABS Hero Edition

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Tagger101, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tagger101

Tagger101 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello everyone ^_^  so I have a small problem with the XAS battle system for Ace, I hope I'm correct in thinking this is the right place to post this topic... if not I apologize.

I have most of it down, but one part I can't find help with anywhere, and it doesn't help that the part of the script I'm stuck on isn't in English.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the diagonal movement sprites to show up in-game. In the script I have diagonal movement set to true, I'm using the default sprites Xiderowng included, and I also see there are diagonal sprite sheets included in the resources. I have all resources copied into my game, so that's not the problem. Any idea what I'm missing? I'm sure it's something small I'm overlooking.

Another way to put it is: diagonal movement works, but when I move diagonally the character is stuck using the regular 4-dir movement sprites: up down left and right. Just can't seem to figure out how to display the diagonal sprites from the included sheet  when moving diagonally.

2. Mireneye

Mireneye High Chromancer Veteran

If your or anyone else knows please do tell ^_^
    This is one of few "?" I still have in ABS. I'm thinking of writing a guide but I can't quite figure this one out yet. I'll be researching it!

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    always link to the scripts you're using - we can't search half the internet before helping you, most of us simply don't have the time to do this.

4. Mireneye

http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/868-xas-ace/
    Go there, go to the link with the manual and to "download". It's a demo that contains all the scripts inside of it. As it is a 'copy scripts' over demo I don't want to hog them and put them on a random pastebin.

5. Tagger101

First Language:
    English
    Sorry. Yeah I should've linked to it, wasn't thinking I guess. Thanks Mireneye! Yeah I just can't understand it. There's a whole section of the script devoted to diagonal movement, yet I can't figure out how to 'tell' the script to display the sprites :/

6. Mireneye

I think the way it's supposed to work is that the system calls the name of the file. If you look at the filename it's seems like it was written with intention.  But yet it doesn't seem to work. 

7. Tagger101

First Language:
    English
    Yeah I see what you're saying. If only there were some tutorials in English. This is the best script I've seen for an ABS system, it's too bad it's so hard to understand. I guess that's to be expected though.

8. Mireneye

I've found a few good tips and tricks here on the forums. There is even an English translated script file. My goal after I'm done ironing out the question marks is to make a guide. I've mostly come to these forums asking people about help with scripts. I feel since XAS is one of those things I took myself a bunch of time to figure out, I should give 'something' back. 

9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    there is an old english page from an earlier version of that script, linked somewhere on that page - I once got there, but I don't find the link anymore. You might need to use google on the full name (instead of the abbreviated XAS) to find it.

10. lazzyydogg1212

lazzyydogg1212 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Is there any way to set up a spawn enemy event after you kill it, like have a event look like a monster den, that a certain amount of monsters comes out of until you destroy the den?

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    lazzydogg1212, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please make a new topic for your questions

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.