Help with Yanfly Ace Equip Engine

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by DeyJay5, May 2, 2019.

1. DeyJay5

DeyJay5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Link to the script: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/ace-equip-engine/

What I am trying to achieve is a character that has 3 of the same equip slots. I have named the slot type "Gear" and have followed the instructions of the script to the best of my ability. This is the problem during play testing: the character has the 3 gear slots but when selected none of the equipment is available to equip. Please help me to figure out what I am doing wrong. Below are screenshots of my setup.

Script setup:
    [​IMG]

Character setup:
    [​IMG]

Armour setup:
    [​IMG]

I also have other characters where I have setup 1 weapon slot and 2 "gear" slots. The weapon slot works fine however the gear slots do not work for any characters.

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It has been many years since I last experimented with this, but if I remember correctly there was a problem when using the string texts to identify the types - I strongly suggest using the other variant with the equip type ID instead. I never had problems using the numbers instead.

3. Ebanyle

Ebanyle Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You need to set the equipment type by the ID, not the name
    Also, make sure your character can equip the same armor type as the equipment's

4. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Just like Ebanyle said
    upload_2019-5-2_17-17-21.png upload_2019-5-2_17-18-28.png

5. DeyJay5

DeyJay5 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I changed the equipment type to the ID number and the equipment is being recognised now however there is a different problem. The problem now is that it is ignoring my custom character setups and just giving them the default equipment slots. How do I solve this?