DeyJay5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Link to the script: https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/ace-equip-engine/

What I am trying to achieve is a character that has 3 of the same equip slots. I have named the slot type "Gear" and have followed the instructions of the script to the best of my ability. This is the problem during play testing: the character has the 3 gear slots but when selected none of the equipment is available to equip. Please help me to figure out what I am doing wrong. Below are screenshots of my setup.

Script setup:
Script-setup.png

Character setup:
character-setup.png

Armour setup:
armour-setup.png

I also have other characters where I have setup 1 weapon slot and 2 "gear" slots. The weapon slot works fine however the gear slots do not work for any characters.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It has been many years since I last experimented with this, but if I remember correctly there was a problem when using the string texts to identify the types - I strongly suggest using the other variant with the equip type ID instead. I never had problems using the numbers instead.

Ebanyle

what
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You need to set the equipment type by the ID, not the name
Also, make sure your character can equip the same armor type as the equipment's

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just like Ebanyle said
upload_2019-5-2_17-17-21.pngupload_2019-5-2_17-18-28.png

DeyJay5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I changed the equipment type to the ID number and the equipment is being recognised now however there is a different problem. The problem now is that it is ignoring my custom character setups and just giving them the default equipment slots. How do I solve this?

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.
Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theolharicot