Help with Yanfly Plugins Animated SV Enemies, Dragonbones and Action Sequence Pack 3

Azure_Sinbad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi people,

Looking for help with 2 separate issues I'm having with these plugins, first up;
In battle when my enemies are going to attack, if I have them animated to run right right up to my party, if there is any overlap between the two, my enemy will be beneath my party characters instead of above, this means that if for instance the enemy goes to attack the 4th party member who if furthest down and closest to the camera, they appear underneath/overlapped by the rest of the party.
Is there any way of changing this?

Second with Action Sequence Pack 3, with this plugin turned on, if I'm making an event during combat/for a troop, I can't seem to get the screen to shake at all, I've turned this off and every different way I've set the screen to shake be it through script or event commands, works, but with it turned on nothing.
I've even looked at having the event I'm running use the force action command and making a screen shake skill but it still doesn't work.
I'm stumped.

Any suggestions at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First one, you could maybe use x,y coordinates with the move command within the action sequence to keep the enemy battler far enough away from the actors that this issue won't happen.

Second one, the shake screen should be used within the action sequence when using that plugin. You may check out this tips and tricks about dramatic entry, it shows a small example of using action sequences to do special things during the battle scene.

Azure_Sinbad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First one, you could maybe use x,y coordinates with the move command within the action sequence to keep the enemy battler far enough away from the actors that this issue won't happen.

Second one, the shake screen should be used within the action sequence when using that plugin. You may check out this tips and tricks about dramatic entry, it shows a small example of using action sequences to do special things during the battle scene.
Hi thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately your suggestions haven't solved either of my problems.

With the first issue, the enemy in question is a slightly larger sprite, and the attack that they do is a physical hit attack which I would like to look like they're actually hitting the character as closely as possible. I'm just confused as I've seen plenty of videos online of enemies being the priority sprite in this situation and overlapping the other characters and not the other way around, and I just don't understand how this is done.

Secondly, I have used the shake screen within the action sequence, the problem is that no matter what the screen just doesn't shake.
If I turn Action Sequence Pack 3 off, it does work, when it's on, it doesn't, so it seems to be interfering with the shake screen feature somehow but I just don't know how.

Edit: I should also add that the shake screen feature doesn't work just in battle, out of battle it's functioning fine.

UPDATE: Okay people so I've been able to find a solution to the first problem in a code posted on here a few years back, I just hadn't found it so that's solved.

The issue still remains with the screen shake however so I'm hoping something will come up there.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad you were able to solve the first one. As for the second, I'm not sure, that seems weird that it would be causing some kind of conflict when it's turned on.

You could try double checking your plugin order against Yanfly recommended order. Also, maybe double check all the plugins are up to date. Beyond that, I'm not sure, but I'll let you know if I discover anything.

Azure_Sinbad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Glad you were able to solve the first one. As for the second, I'm not sure, that seems weird that it would be causing some kind of conflict when it's turned on.

You could try double checking your plugin order against Yanfly recommended order. Also, maybe double check all the plugins are up to date. Beyond that, I'm not sure, but I'll let you know if I discover anything.
Yeah I've checked my plugin order and the versions and they're all up to date :/
Thank you though, hopefully there's a fix otherwise I've got to decide on what to leave out which I'd rather not!

UPDATE: I've just gone into the plugin and deleted all of the code for the camera clamp feature so that's what was stopping it from working.

So problem solved.

Last edited:

AnNihilate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
日本語JP/中文CN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I've checked my plugin order and the versions and they're all up to date :/
Thank you though, hopefully there's a fix otherwise I've got to decide on what to leave out which I'd rather not!

UPDATE: I've just gone into the plugin and deleted all of the code for the camera clamp feature so that's what was stopping it from working.

So problem solved.
Hello! I think I met the same problem as you met, the camera clamp blocks the shake screen function. I also deleted the code related to the camera clamp but it still doesn't work. Screen shaking remains disabled. Could you please tell me a bit more about which part you've deleted if possible? I appreciated it.

Azure_Sinbad

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I think I met the same problem as you met, the camera clamp blocks the shake screen function. I also deleted the code related to the camera clamp but it still doesn't work. Screen shaking remains disabled. Could you please tell me a bit more about which part you've deleted if possible? I appreciated it.
Hey no worries, just give me a bit to compare the original plugin to my edited one to check what I deleted :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr