Help with Yanfly's CTB

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by N-Amata, Jul 11, 2019.

1. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I am using Yanfly's CTB system in my game, which has a battle system that closely resembles a card game.

Firstly, I don't want the Turn Order determining formula to be so complicated, but I am a simpleton and setting the "Full Turn" to 1, the Speed per Tick to 0, and the Initial Speed to 1 made it that nobody moved. Is anyone familiar with settings that made it simple, but still made each player have one turn unless their speed has been altered?

Another thing I need help with— I want the first turn player be determined by a game of rock-paper-scissors. How do i do this?

I apologize if my questions seems stupid, but I am at a bit of a loss here.

2. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    You have to set the speed per tick to something besides 0, that is what is used to determine how often turns come up. Maybe try full turn to 2, speed per tick to 1 (or 2), initial speed to 2?

No idea on the 2nd, that will probably require another plug-in or getting cute with battle troop events.

3. N-Amata

N-Amata Villager Member

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, I'll try it out! I've largely solved all my problems though— especially with the Rock-Paper-Scissors thing, it's relatively simple to do with common events, as it turned out.