Help with yanfly's elemt core and damage reflection

Klammsi

Veteran
Veteran
Joined
Nov 19, 2016
Messages
51
Reaction score
9
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey fellow game makers,


I have a question regarding this notetag: <Element Reflect x: +y%> in yanfly's plugin element core.


I understand that this will reflect a percentage of damage taken by an element back to the attacker. But in this case the target does not take any damage at all.


My question is: 


How can I achieve for example that out of a 100% damage, 30% will be reflected onto the attacker and the target will take the remaining 70% damage.


Any tips would be greatly appreciated


Thank you
 

TakaDynasty

Apologetic Lurker
Veteran
Joined
Dec 21, 2016
Messages
41
Reaction score
8
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't have time to test it for myself, but the approach I'd take would be something like...


Let's assume the element in question is Fire. I'd make a state to apply to the defender and give it the Trait: Element Rate, then set it to 70% and set it to Fire.
Then in the notetags, I'd use <Element Reflect Fire: 30%>.

If my guess is correct, that should effectively make the character take 70% of the maximum damage as normal, and reflect 30% back. However, it's also possible it'll reflect 30% of the 70%. IE, instead of taking 70 out of 100 damage and reflecting 30, it might take 70 out of 100 and reflect 21. It'll need some testing before you can be sure. Hope it works! If not, there may be some other Yanfly scripts with an elemental reduction that's more compatible with Element Reflect.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!
MushroomCake28 wrote on Finnuval's profile.
Glad to see you're back! I was wondering what you've become! It's been a while since we spoke to each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
93,472
Messages
912,768
Members
123,006
Latest member
josephdevelops
Top