VampireKiller21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone.

So I'm JUST about done with a public test beta release of the game I'm the main producer of. I'm using Yanfly's "More Currencies" plugin because I have multiple kingdoms with multiple currencies. Now, I would like to sell some of the same items in different kingdoms that all use their own currency that are in the form of other items.
For example: The Earth Kingdom uses Earth Coins and the Shadow Kingdom uses Shadow Coins, etc. They can buy potions in the Earth Kingdom with Earth Coins, but if they are in the Shadow Kingdom, they have to use Shadow Coins, same with selling the items. But if they buy a potion in both kingdoms, they count in the menu as the same "potion" item.

I've gotten enemies from these different regions to drop the specified currencies of kingdoms that they reside around, I've set up the "proxy buy" prices, and they work fine, well, now the only problem I'm having is...I cannot set up a proxy sell for the different items. After watching the tutorial video again, I realize that that point is by design, but why? Is there a way to make a plugin or something that can set up proxy sell prices that works with Yanfly's plugin?

My game doesn't have gold, it has only the multiple different kinds of currencies. I have to set up the currencies as items themselves so that enemies can drop them, and that will show up on the results screen. I just don't know what to do here. I've tried to Google it to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way this plugin is written, you have all of the information for what currencies to buy with stored on the item.

In order for you to be able to do what you want, you'd need a plugin extension that looks at the shopkeeper. So, for example, you'd put a <ShadowCoin> notetag on the shopkeeper event, a <ShadowCost: X> notetag on the item, and then write code that checks both sides when you're highlighting the item for sale and when you're selling it (repeating for each currency you use).

VampireKiller21

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The way this plugin is written, you have all of the information for what currencies to buy with stored on the item.

In order for you to be able to do what you want, you'd need a plugin extension that looks at the shopkeeper. So, for example, you'd put a <ShadowCoin> notetag on the shopkeeper event, a <ShadowCost: X> notetag on the item, and then write code that checks both sides when you're highlighting the item for sale and when you're selling it (repeating for each currency you use).
Ahh, interesting! Now, I'm probably gonna have to put a request in because, well, I don't know how to write plugins or scripts. But thank you very much for the answer!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.
Going live in 10 for Rise of the Third Power! Come and join me for ridiculous and inconsistent character voices, banter, the drinking of Irn Bru, the eating of cookies and wine gums, and possibly a dog! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame