Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho!

I am currently trying to make use of Yanfly's Tips & Tricks tutorial Single_Target_Provoke, which makes use of his Buffs & States Core and Taunt Plugins to restrict a single unit from attacking anyone else but the one who inflicted this state on it and it works just fine.

However when taunted by the regular Taunt effect the player isn't able to select another target, while if the taunt is inflicted by this effect, the player can still chose which target to attack. In the end they are forced to attack the taunt user, but I'd like to make this clear right when they are selecting their target, so that they aren't able to select anyone else just as in the regular taunt.

Hope I'm making sense here, thank you in advance :)

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so more like a forced duel then just a "hey, look at me"?

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The enemy basically just provokes one actor instead of the whole party to attack them.
As I said it already works like this, the only issue ia, that the player is still able to select anyone, when choosing a target. Regardless of this choice they are then forced to attack the provoker.

I just want them not to be able to choose a different target at all, as in the normal taunt effect.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then you would need to add in notetags from the Selection Core so that the player can't select other targets. Although, in that case, you really don't need the code in that tip at all...I wonder if that was written before the Selection Control plugin.

Last edited:

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure how to accomplish that using Selection Control. As far as I know the state note tags of this plugin refer to the unit the state was inflicted on as a target. So the player is inflicted with a state, Selection Control lets me choose the circumstances under which the enemy is able to target the player, not the other way around, right?
The other note tags and even the lunatic mode ones are just for skills and items.

I am sure I am missing something here, so fear I'll need a more detailed explanation if you have the time x.x

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hrm, yeah, I guess I was mistaken. I thought Custom Select Condition was able to be used as an actor tag, but it's not.

In that case, I don't know of a way for you to do this unless you also limit the afflicted actor to a specific skill and put custom selection code into that.

coucassi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the time being I switched to Olivias Provoke Plugin, which does not have this issue, so this could be a solution for anyone willing to purchase it.

This one comes with another problem instead: Items and Skills that target the actor or their allies are also not able to select anyone but the provoker. The effect will still target an ally/actor, but since you are not allowed to select, it just targets the first one in the row.
I got around this by making the Provoked State also disabling Items and Skills that won't target the enemy, but I'd still like to leave this thread open, in case someone comes up with a solution for the initial Yanfly Provoke Problem.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 26th Nov to 2nd Dec (2021)

"Yeah. It's been a rough road lately. But that's the thing about the Rangers. It doesn't matter how hard it gets, or how many of them fall. They never stop fighting. The Rangers NEVER stop fighting".

Angela Deth, you are a hero of mine. Sorry for my first run of Wasteland 3.
We must press on. For all those we couldn't save. For all those we might yet save.
FirestormNeos wrote on DarkPlasmaBall's profile.
asking this here instead of the thread in question to avoid derailing it, but I'm curious; is there a particular reason you'd include a "Terms of Use" for an RPG Maker game? Like, are there multiplayer features for the game you're working on?
The holidays are upon us! Everyone search for safety from the grocery store music!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serpentwithfeet