Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My character gains 'attack times +1" as a passive trait at set levels, and I'd like the character to be able to go on attacking the other targets on screen if/when the first one dies.

But even after reading through the help text, I'm unsure of how to do this just using action sequencing...

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That isn't something that the action sequence plugins are strictly capable of.

The Attack Times + trait is scripted so that it repeats the "Target Action" section of the action sequence, and nothing more. When that section is being run, a target is already determined.

Additionally, Battle Engine Core is set up in such a way that if the target takes enough damage to die from an early attack, the actor will continue to strike that target until he runs out of attacks. You might be able to do some convoluted if checks to determine if the target's hp is 0, and then push a different target to the action sequence, but that's going to be pretty complicated, and the extra logic required to stop it from picking a new target that's dead, or invisible, or something will just add another layer of complexity to an already complicated sequence.

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That isn't something that the action sequence plugins are strictly capable of.
I kind of figured that looking at everything.

Additionally, Battle Engine Core is set up in such a way that if the target takes enough damage to die from an early attack, the actor will continue to strike that target until he runs out of attacks. You might be able to do some convoluted if checks to determine if the target's hp is 0, and then push a different target to the action sequence, but that's going to be pretty complicated, and the extra logic required to stop it from picking a new target that's dead, or invisible, or something will just add another layer of complexity to an already complicated sequence.
Well it wouldn't be so bad because I don't have an invisible trait in my game or anything of the nature and it's strictly for the 'attack' command and nothing else.

but alas, I have no idea where to even start with the process

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may be something you could fix with Yanfly Target Core using Lunatic mode; however, I am not proficient enough in javascript to offer any solid solutions. Maybe someone who is could figure it out though?

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may be something you could fix with Yanfly Target Core using Lunatic mode; however, I am not proficient enough in javascript to offer any solid solutions. Maybe someone who is could figure it out though?
Unfortunately I haven't had much luck on the forums with problem-solving lately :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Babiboo