ElSturge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, I am going through my game and tweaking things and came across an issue with the YEP Autosave plugin I am using. It seems that no matter if you select the On or Off option, it will always autosave the game at select points and I can figure out why it wont disable.
Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

C64_Mat

System Masters
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The autosave only starts once the game has been manually saved once, and then it autosaves at every scene change (i.e. moving to a different map).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The autosave only starts once the game has been manually saved once, and then it autosaves at every scene change (i.e. moving to a different map).
No, that's only true if you say so and choose to turn on that plugin parameter. If you set all of the parameters to off, it will only save when you call the plugin command (but there's nothing you can turn off to prevent that plugin command from working, which is the only thing I can think of for the OP's case).

Also, @ElSturge make sure that when you make any changes to plugins that you test it by starting a new game. Loading a save will not follow any changes you made in the editor.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

ElSturge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, that's only true if you say so and choose to turn on that plugin parameter. If you set all of the parameters to off, it will only save when you call the plugin command (but there's nothing you can turn off to prevent that plugin command from working, which is the only thing I can think of for the OP's case).

Also, @ElSturge make sure that when you make any changes to plugins that you test it by starting a new game. Loading a save will not follow any changes you made in the editor.
Yes I've tested it with a new game, both with the Autosave Setting in the Options Menu On and Off. I can't seem to find out a way to disable it if the player wants to only manually save throughout the game.

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
best use olivia_metaControls and use a meta switch or global with it.
than use a conditional branch,

if switch x = OFF
save game plugin command
else
do nothing
end.

this will stop autosave from yep, while it doesn't do its job otherwise
if you dont want auto save if you can set it in the options for on or off.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes I've tested it with a new game, both with the Autosave Setting in the Options Menu On and Off. I can't seem to find out a way to disable it if the player wants to only manually save throughout the game.
If you are presenting it as an option to the player as to whether autosave exists or not (which, frankly, is kind of weird) then you would leave the autosave settings in your plugin parameters off, use the plugin command at the points in your game where you want to autosave, and put that plugin command inside a conditional branch that sees whether the player has the option on.

ElSturge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I'm presenting it as an option, I know a lot of rpg fans prefer to not have autosave as a feature, whereas players like myself forget to save and then lose data because of it. So I would have liked to give the option to choose whether or not you wanted autosave on or off. And thank you, I will try that

ElSturge

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have found a workaround for my issue, instead of having the option (which didn't seem to change anything), it now asks when you start a new game if you'd like autosave turned on as using a conditional branch with the EnableAutosave and DisableAutosave Plugin commands seems to fix my issue. Thank you for your help

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm seeing my god daughter's school play next week. Being the mild agoraphobe I am this makes me nervous. Thus I had a dream that it was actually a plot by my best friend to take me clubbing at an establishment where it is customary to throw a harpoon at staff members to reward good service.
Praise be to the game make!
I need help on what I should add to this fighter game.
Should I add:
Rain
Sleet
Snow
Leaves
Wind
If you can come up with anything else let me know.
Final day of the kickstarter campaign and my team and I decide to cap it off by doing ... musical numbers online.

These are clearly definitely My People.
6 hours and 35 minutes until it is December first here :3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lnaunboq