Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all,
I am using the above plugins.

All works perfectly, however on some maps I have serious lag. Once I turn off the Yanfly quest journal and map quest window, everything is fine.

Please note, it is only certain maps where there is so much lag that it is unusable - no other plugins could be causing this.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
It is the Yanfly Map Quest Window!! I turned it off, but kept the Quest Journal on, and all is well.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Jaco Stander

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Afrikaans
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the exact same problem, as soon as I turn on the map quest window, it lag so much I struggle to move and sometimes cant even open the menu. Wish I find the reason as I really want to use this plugin.

I've just started working on my project again after a very long time. Started my project in 2015 and just converted the project to version 1.5.1.
Still have a couple of errors to get sorted as most of the plugin I've used then have updated version. Some like MapZoom, TerraxLighting and Skill YEP_LearningSystem all give errors in the little console window that pops up. Also some deprecation warnings, not sure if this errors are related to the slow down / lag when using this plugin.

Did anyone manage to duplicated this or find a solution?

Many thanks!

ShiekCX

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same Problem and solved it like this:

*Automatic Updates*
Quest Add true
Quest Complete true
Quest Failed false
Change Objectives true
Event Update false

I found that on an empty map "Event Update - true" works fine but with alot of parallel Events (like NPC's running arround)
it actually starts to lag heavily. U may want to update the window manually via Plugin Command "RefreshActiveQuestWindow"
to get a proper update made by events if u need to.

Hope this helps!

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same Problem and solved it like this:

*Automatic Updates*
Quest Add true
Quest Complete true
Quest Failed false
Change Objectives true
Event Update false

I found that on an empty map "Event Update - true" works fine but with alot of parallel Events (like NPC's running arround)
it actually starts to lag heavily. U may want to update the window manually via Plugin Command "RefreshActiveQuestWindow"
to get a proper update made by events if u need to.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I was having the same problem with TerraxLighting and YEP_X_MapQuestWindow and was able to solve it using your solution.
It is here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaxephongamer