Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey there,
eventually some of you has a solution for this problem.
Since im doing RPG Projects im using the technique for maps:

Setting a event with a specifc color that helps me later to have a overview whats happening on this map.
Here a example:

1611664705276.png
green Events = Story Line (Means there will be messages, texts, move events ...)
yellow Events = Lighteffects / Weather Effects
red Events = PP Events happening in the background

Problem is that logic / technique isnt working in the newer RPG Maker because u cannot set a transparent color for importing.
So u will always see those colors ingame.

Anyone having a solution?

Thanks.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could put any empty page as page one of an event with the color you want. That is the color you see in the editor.

And all the stuff you want the event to actually do is on the following pages.

Basically:
Event Page 1 : empty / has the color sprite you want to see in the editor
Event Page 2 : Event commands for what you need to do / no picture so that it is invisible to the player.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
use a maker sprite with colors while developing and replace that sprite with a fully transparent sprite before deployment and distribution.
The engine will always display the sprite, but it will show or not depending on which spritefile of the same name you place in the project.

Underserial

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
You could put any empty page as page one of an event with the color you want. That is the color you see in the editor.

And all the stuff you want the event to actually do is on the following pages.

Basically:
Event Page 1 : empty / has the color sprite you want to see in the editor
Event Page 2 : Event commands for what you need to do / no picture so that it is invisible to the player.
Worked perfectly - but u have to change everything to page two =)

use a maker sprite with colors while developing and replace that sprite with a fully transparent sprite before deployment and distribution.
The engine will always display the sprite, but it will show or not depending on which spritefile of the same name you place in the project.
I think this could be the prefered solution.
I will dev on all the "colors" and then replace the sprite.

at the mom im using "1-PP.png", "1-Lights.png" and so on for this. When releasing i will replace those colored files with transparent ones.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

At 2021, we are now farther from the 1980's than they were from the 1950's. Consider that the next time you long for a 1980's song, when you thought your grandpa's taste for 1950's music was "outdated".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItsDarkSonicYT