Henchman Light Prologue - Learning Together Game Jam entry

Be_The_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi,

Entering my project for the Learning Together Game Jam.

The project file is available in this link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqphnh94vz79qmx/HenchmanLightPrologue.zip?dl=0

It's called, Henchman Light Prologue. Made in RPG Maker VX Ace.

-Only about 10 minutes play through.

-It's not really a game, more like an interactive story

-A story about the origin of a lowly henchman of an RPG boss. His name is Bending Light Daniel.

I'd like to take the story further, so please feedback is appreciated...both good and bad XD

Be

Be_The_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you Skeezixs! I hadn't thought about it that way, but now I totally see what you mean.

skeezixs1

Skeezixs1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah it seemed like a commercial for an up and coming or something. It was good I hope you take it further, I could see that being a great game. 

Be_The_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice, nice. I hadn't committed to making this into a game. I was more interested in story...but after your comments, I'm going to seriously consider it. I appreciate the feedback :D

I'm about to try out your horror game as well.

Super121830

Play-fighter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I played your game, I liked the interaction with the guard, the way he kicks the guy to the jail was really funny.

The eventing of the monsters near the end took the prize, I can't even make three different npcs approach that way to the player. Did you use scripts for that?

If you are going to make a game out of this, I'd definitely play it. :D

Be_The_RPG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi Super121830, I'm glad you played it. Haha I'm happy to hear it was funny having the guard kicking the guy into jail.

None of this game used any external scripts. All those monsters approaching was done with a combination of the Set Move Route command and Parallel Process trigger. RPG Maker VX Ace seems quite advanced already that I haven't needed scripts so far.

If I decide to make a game out of this, I would like to let you know :) For now, I'm thinking just cutscenes.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The three if us sat to watch "The day India Burned" to take notes. 10 minutes in, one went to sleep. I wanted to finish it but I couldn't stop tearing up (yawning makes me cry) so after 40 minutes I gave up. But now I'm not sleepy anymore :0
OH... OKAY... Well, VX Ace certainly never did THAT before. :mad:
Been busy with non-RM stuff, can't wait to get back into making a game.
i'm not only drawing girls tbh
i like grubby old man
Kes wrote on Chef's profile.
I have deleted your profile post as our Rules are quite clear that you may not use them to advertise non-RM products, nor may you give a link to anything that solicits payment for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tegima