Hero of Legend: Sena and the Emerald Hunters (Version 0.2)

OneTrueMitch

A Let's Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright. Its been a while since I have posted anything on here, but since I am working on a new RPG, now seems like a good time to do as such.

Okay, now that we got that out of the way, I'll begin.

First of all, the update version 0.2 as well as the demo to Hero of Legend can be found in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w1m58iwh926bu7/Sena%20v0.2.zip?dl=0

Game Synopsis

Hero of Legend: Sena and the Emerald Hunters is set in a fictional world made up of a crude mix of futuristic and modern technology 5 years after a war between the esteemed Heroes Academy and the power hungry United Syndicate.

The story follows a B ranked hero named Sena on a quest to become the best hero the Academy has ever seen whilst also battling the Remnants of the United Syndicate to prevent the group from obtaining the power they once had. As the top student in the B rank, she must undergo special mentor-ship to 2 C class heroes, and prove her effectiveness as a leader before she can continue her studies as an A ranked hero.

The story you will find yourself in will be in a pivotal and conflicted time in Sena's life. One where she must learn to let go of her past mistakes and prove her worthiness as a leader while also helping prevent the United Syndicate Remnants from rising to power again.

The story will have 3 main plot devices. One that will feature the removal of the United Syndicate Remnants, one that will focus on school and Senas personal issues as a leader and one that will feature the Emerald Hunter group focused on battling large monsters.

Screenshots

Matte City as is.

Heroes Academy front yard.

Battle.PNG

A hero vs hero battle in the Arena.

School.PNG

Sena for the school based story

Hero.PNG

Sena for the fighting based stories.

Sena's rival, Akirata.

Stalete Updated.png

Stalete Village(Created by Iliketea)

Sewer Entrance.PNG

The entrance to the Sewer dungeon.

Characters

Sena.PNG

Sena

Class: Fighter

Sena is a full time hero, and a serious one at that. She is a lone wolf and hates working with others due to her recklessness that got former heroes killed in the past. She is infamous for her lack of teamwork skills, but she is counted among the most adept hero in the Academy, fighting at an S ranked level. She was once an apprentice to a former S ranked Dark Knight named Wyatt, and worked in a team with a Sage named Agnes and a Scholar named Uleus.

Samson.PNG

Samson

Class: Mercenary

Samson is a daft hero that loves fighting more than anything else. He is usually reserved and dislikes interacting with those he thinks look down upon him. Not much is known about Samson, only that he joined the Heroes Academy solely to learn how to fight. How he got into the C rank is often put into question by Sena.

Melany.PNG

Melany

Class: Medic

Melany is a young hero that yearns to be a doctor when she grows up. She is fairly innocent and has grandiose views about being a hero. Melany looks up to everybody in the Heroes Academy, even if their rank is below her own. She is generally happy, and her motivation as a hero as well as her youth has made her very popular at the Academy.

Viktor.PNG

Victor

Class: General

Victor is the founder, general and leader of a group of monster hunters called the "Emerald Hunters". He is a tactical man and one of the minds behind the Dragavir Drug. He was once part of the United Syndicate as one of their commanders, but left their service towards the end of the Great War. He has since abolished his reputation and has been known to help those in immediate danger.

Dylan.PNG

Dylan

Class: Soldier

Dylan is a leader of a party of monster hunters. He is very formal and is well trained. He is an open book, as he has nothing to hide due to his mindset that being as such will prevent weakness. He cares for his unit, though he does not act like it. Dylan also actively searches for and recruits members into the Emerald Hunters.

Michelle.PNG

Michelle

Class: Soldier

Michelle is a member of Dylans monster hunting group and serves as their communication officer. She is a tad absent minded but she comes through when its most needed. She is excellent with technology and helped develop a special weapon to capture large monsters.

Syndicate Remnant Forces

Leddie.PNG

Leddie

Class: Syndicate Paladin

Leddie is a Remnant Paladin; one of the stronger units in the Syndicate forces. She is disarmingly playful and eccentric, and loves to have fun and play games. However, she is also very lonely from years of alienation in the Remnant forces due to her childish attitude. Due to this, she is very stern and unforgiving... But only to other Remnant forces.

Shry.PNG

Shry

Class: N/A

Shry is the leader of the Remnant Forces. He talks very casually and acts aloof. However, he is an apethetic leader and knowingly manipulates the Remnant forces under his control to gauge his enemies strength. He has only two goals; destroy the Heroes Academy and become the rightful ruler of the land, effectively returning the United Syndicate to power.

Zeru.PNG

Zeru

Class: N/A

Zeru is the left hand woman to Shry. She is a sadistic leader and will do anything to help Shry rebuild the United Syndicate. Her determination is only matched by her hatred of the Heroes Academy.

Minor Characters

Dean O'Donnel.PNG

Dean O'Donnel

Class: Guildmaster

"Dean" Dean O'Donnel is the acting Guildmaster of the Heroes Academy. He is the embodiment of what it means to be a hero. He is kind to all of his students, but is also strict if he has to be. He often encourages his students to try their best, giving them challenges and placing them into teams.

Drayden.PNG

Drayden

Class: DragonKnight

Drayden is the top hero of the Academy, trained by Dean O'Donnel himself. He is famous around the Academy. He is calm, reinforcing and is an excellent role model for all of the other heroes. He likes to work alone, but recently has taken up apprentices after 3 years of dedicated work. His Dragon Pike is unrivaled across the continent in terms of sheer power.

Kenya.PNG

Kenya

Class: Knight

Kenya is a ruthless hero that is famous for her no-nonsense attitude and dedication to obtaining as much power as she possibly can. She despises people that are below her rank (with an exception to Rank B-1) but is willing to take apprentices, as she believes she can whip those below her into what she considers a hero. Former partners with Drayden and Joshua.

Joshua.PNG

Joshua

Class: Knight

Joshua is a skilled knight, an excellent engineer and a veteran tactician. He is popular among the C ranked heroes and often takes apprentices in that rank to give them more combat experience. He often fights with Kenya over different fighting styles. Joshua likes to play it defensively while Kenya often charged into battle. Such a clash in ideals led to the downfall of Team Drayden.

Lexi.PNG

Lexi

Class: Airship Pilot

Lexi is one of the airship pilots that take heroes to the Hero Academy. She is very laid back and is great friends with Sena.

Danelle.PNG           Terry Canuck.PNG

Danelle                              Terry Canuck

These two characters are the acting mayors of Matte city. They are also in charge of improving it. Matte City upgrades will be available once you reach a certain point in the story.

Gameplay Features

Dragavir Drug - This game feature is present only in the boss battles while working with the Emerald Hunters. It is a special skill that raises specific parameters for the battle by an exponential amount. It serves as a temporary skill obtainable only on the Emerald Hunter quests.

Arena - The Heroes Academy is home to an arena that can be used after specific points in the game, up to the B rank. It will offer extra exp as well as a reward for completing all of the fights.

Home City Upgrades (To be implemented) - The main city that Sena lives in, Matte City, will be customizable in small aspects, such as upgraded shops and new locations within the city.

Unique Skills - Hero of Legend will feature unique character skills that will either benefit the party or damage the enemy.

Syndicate Dungeons - These are special dungeons that, once entered, cannot be exited until the boss has been defeated. The encounter rate is increased and there are few resting spots.

Credits:

Yanfly (Various MV Plugins)

Kadokawa/Enterbrain, Palxan and Verdibona - Facesets

Blue Magi - Hooded Figure

Some Extra Generator Parts - hiddenone

Mapping

Iliketea

Music
- Jasmine Cooper (M4uesviecr)
www.jascoopermusic.squarespace.com

- Gyrowolf

http://gyrowolf.com/

- Aaron Krogh

*Final Notes* (Updates being worked on)

The game is still in its conceptual stages so there is still a lot that may be subject to change.

- Working on the Remnant/Sena storyline.

- Expanding the interior of the Heroes Academy.

- Adding a little more life to Matte City. (Done, but could use more work)

- A working demo (Done)

*Updates Found in Version 0.1*

- The Stalete mission can be completed.

- More life to Matte City

- More characters to interact with

- Balancing MP cost to MP Regen for Melany

*Updates Found in Version 0.2*

- A cutscene after returning to Matte City

- Message Boxes added

- Balancing the usefulness of Samson by increasing his attack

I am the only one working on this game, so these updates may take a while. Any advice, whether it is tips on how I can better use the software, story and/or anything else is welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Well, with out a demo it's hard to give feedback, but to be honest the screenshots are lacking a bit...  they feel empty, maybe you should work on that

OneTrueMitch

A Let's Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I have a demo out now! Its not much, but it should take about 30 minutes to get to the end.

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hi, wanted to take a look at the demo, but it says that the file is no longer available.

Could you upload it to dropbox or maybe mediafire? 

OneTrueMitch

A Let's Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Last edited by a moderator:

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I just uploaded it to Mediafire. Here's the link!

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/jx2ecs3xel7dv/Hero%20of%20Legend%20V%200.1

It will also be put in place of the OneDrive link

Nice! And nearly downloadable, we are getting there!
Now, if you could compress the files using , for example, WinRar ( its free), to make a ZIP or RAR- file that would be perfect.

Because the way it is right now, you'd had to download every single file in the whole games folder one per one because unless you get a paid premium account with media fire you cant download several files at once.

I think you also put up the wrong link.... 

I will send you a PM and explain step by step how to upload something to media fire ^^

OneTrueMitch

A Let's Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice! And nearly downloadable, we are getting there!
Now, if you could compress the files using , for example, WinRar ( its free), to make a ZIP or RAR- file that would be perfect.

Because the way it is right now, you'd had to download every single file in the whole games folder one per one because unless you get a paid premium account with media fire you cant download several files at once.

I think you also put up the wrong link.... 

I will send you a PM and explain step by step how to upload something to media fire ^^

Ah, thank you. Its honestly been so long since I uploaded anything. I .zipped the file and uploaded the file to Dropbox. It should be ready in 5 minutes

Iliketea

Tea lover
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Holy ****, 2,1 GB o0 

Well, that will take some time, I will play it tomorrow, its already late here....

OneTrueMitch

A Let's Player
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Holy ****, 2,1 GB o0 

Well, that will take some time, I will play it tomorrow, its already late here....

Yeah. Its relatively large. A lot of files and all, haha. Anyways, I hope you enjoy what I have when you play! I look forward to any feedback!

leon93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Your story have similar elements as mine so I'm very interested in seeing the end result of this game :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyriemedia