kirillkrm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
WorldMap6.png

A demo version of an epic and funny jRPG adventure with intricately detailed story. Guide a party of wayward heroines through the perils of this fantasy world.

Heroines of Swords & Spells. Act I (Demo)
Version: 0.98 Demo
Category: humorous epic JRPG.
Autor: Kirill “Kirillkrm” Pestryakov.
Steam page: Game engine: RPG Maker MV.
Graphics: RTP + purchased graphic packs + Creative Commons CC0 + brushes by Tr0yka (https://pixiv.me/tr0yka).
Music and sounds: Alec Koff (https://audiojungle.net/user/alec_koff) + RTP audio.
Game time: 15+ hours (demo 6+ hours).
Languages: Russian and English.

Download links (375 МБ):
1. Yandex Drive
2. Google Drive
3. Dropbox

Social:
1. https://kirillkrm.livejournal.com/
2. https://www.facebook.com/Kirillkrm/
3. https://vk.com/kirillkrm

Synopsis
Once upon a time, in a faraway border town, lost deep in the dense forests of the Old Rodonia, the paths of four young maidens converged. Each of them failed in the profession they’d chosen, shunned by those closest to them. Wishing to prove their worth others, especially to their own selves, the girls set forward on a dangerous adventure. Thus begins the story of their journey. You will not find neither chosen ones fated to win nor the ever-present isekai heroes from the other worlds. This is a story about those striving to make themselves through struggles companionship and witty banter!

Heroines of Swords & Spells is more than just a game. It’s a whole book that will appeal to the old school RPG lovers: more than 150 thousand lines of dialogues and no less than 15 hours of gameplay. Heroines of Swords & Spells is an epic fantasy JRPG journey! If you enjoy reading and exploring the detailed world, you’ll surely love this game. Especially if you fancy humorous fantasy.

Heroines of Swords & Spells is mostly about interacting with NPCs and having fun, but the players will have their share of troublesome battles. Countless enemies will make you think of the best tactics, the dungeons are full of ambushes and traps. You will lead a party of four:
• a naive thief, always ready to give away the shirt off her back;
• a hyperactive mage with an empty spellbook;
• a cowardly warrior from a noble family;
• a beautiful priest whose prayer is just a teeny-tiny bit weak… ish.

Those ready to lead the dream team should expect:
1. Suspenseful humorous plot with tons of dialogues, books and world lore.
2. A battle system with no equipment farming, no auto-leveling enemies and no random encounters (yes, we also hate those).
3. Intricated locations with non-linear quest system.
4. Tons of equipment including four legendary combination artifacts.
5. A multitude of Easter eggs and takeoffs on the good games of old.

Good luck to everyone who decides to play this game. May merciful Svetodar help you!

Note:
This demo is 5-7 hours long and covers first 40% of the game, about 15-20 hours or so. The full game will be released on 17th March 2020. The English translation is still being carefully polished, so there might be some minor spelling errors (nothing game-breaking though).

In this game I used several assets courtesy of:
Avery
Whtdragon
Mmaia
Heartbreak61
Indrah
Lorc, Delapouite and Viscious Speed.

I'm currently working on a way to embed the plugin Steamworks for RPG Maker MV 1.6.1+ by Archeia to make Steam achievements possible.

Heroines

Video and screenshots:

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a thought. I find the line "a party of pretty but useless heroines" a highly off putting. Reading through the description, I can understand what it is attempting to get at, but if I'd not needed to read through it to approve your post, I would have stopped at that line and not given it another chance.

In age when women are trying to get the point across that their value is not dependent on their looks, this line could be a big detriment to your game.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with @mlogan

Regardless this game looks pretty nice, I think I might try it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I actually downloaded it because it seems it could be a pretty decent game. I'd just hate others to read that line and not give it a chance, particularly when I don't think it comes across quite how the OP intended. Even something like "Guide a party of failed heroines" would be much better.

kirillkrm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dear Mlogan,

Thanks for pointing out the potentially offensive phrase, this was totally not intended and basically a translation error since this game is originally in Russian and was translated into English. I already corrected it, so would you kindly please review the post again.

I'd like to note that my game is inspired by old-school games like Baldur's Gate where the characters tend to start out very weak. This is a story which goes from killing rats with a rusty knife to killing dragons. There are no perfect characters in it, only those who strive to overcome this weaknesses and become a better version of themselves.

And yes, the heroines are indeed pretty weak and completely unprepared for the journey at the beginning of the story, but they overcome their drawbacks and fears, face moral dilemmas, forge bonds and grow.

Kind regards,
Kirill

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kirillkrm Yes, wayward sounds much better and omitting the pretty part as well is a good call. Thank you for listening to feedback and I do look forward to giving it a try!

kirillkrm

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download links have been updated. The previous demo version had an error that caused the game to crash. The bug is fixed. The old saves will work fine, but you will have to download the game again.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm going to go ahead and close this, as there's a new thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've developed a habit of thanking cleaning ladies for their work.
Sorry Aerith... I will abandon your shoes... :guffaw:
Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
I never noticed how NOISY birds can be in the morning..
The worst part of writing the thesis is getting to a point where it's nearly done and you feel like an 8th-grader could've written something on that level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stearen