Hey Gamers!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by ADM, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ADM

ADM Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I pre-ordered Ace in hopes that I'll eventually be able to create my own RPG game. I own all the console Makers but never finished any projects I started with them. I'm hoping that things will be different once I begin development and learn the workings of this Maker.

I look forward to seeing the different projects you guys make, and I hope I can learn from everyone here. :D

And by the way, this is a pretty kickass forum. Love the way everything is set up.

2. BadMinotaur

BadMinotaur You can do it! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi there ADM! I agree, this forum is a bit better than I was expecting when I first heard about it.

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey ADM, and welcome to the forum.

I hope you get to complete your game this time around ... actually finishing something is a wonderful feeling! Maybe you should consider where you come undone all the time, and do something about that now (write a game design doc, do up a schedule, whatever) so that it doesn't happen again?

4. ADM

ADM Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    What happened is that I didn't start out in small steps, and my plans got way too ambitious. I was overwhelmed with the projects and lost interest. I'm setting much more realistic goals this time around--starting out small and working my way up towards bigger games. By the third time around, I'm hoping I'll have enough experience with Ace to be able to make something worthwhile. Wish me luck! :)

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know ANYONE who didn't start out with plans that were way too ambitious :) At least if you know what your weakness is, you're already on the way of overcoming it!

The Infamous Bon Bon likes this.
  6. Reynard Frost

Reynard Frost Designer Member

First Language:
    English
    Welcome ADM! If you need any help with getting your thoughts organized, check out my Game Dev Advice topic in the Game Dev forums. Hope it helps!

7. Knightmare

Knightmare Knight of the Night Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey Adam welcome to the forum. The console makers are jelly compared to what Ace is going to be, hope it all goes well for you.

8. The Infamous Bon Bon

The Infamous Bon Bon Executive Geek Member

First Language:
    English
    I found that being over ambitious is a problem of mine, especially when it comes to the scripts I want to use.

Sitting down and writing everything you plan to do down is a good way to determine what you can cut if the list seems to long.