Hey there!

Mr_Holiday

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone! Brand new to the forums and brand new to RPGMaker (I just purchased MV today). I have a couple of projects in mind and was on the fence about purchasing it soon, but figured the fact that I saw it on a deep sale probably meant I should go ahead and jump on it.

I'm sure I'll be coming around fairly often with questions and whatnot. In those instances, any and all help is appreciated! Till then, I'll be pouring over the contents that are already here to be read.

Just a bit about myself. I'm a long-time game player, with a heavy leaning toward RPG and puzzle games. I host a retro-gaming podcast, that covers games from the beginning up through the PS1 era. I fancy myself a writer even though I don't have any works that have been published (YET). It was during writing of a particular piece of mine that I realized that it may translate over to the interactive side of things much better than just as written word.

That's about all I got for now. Thanks for having me!

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello and welcome to the forum.

As you intend to "pour over the contents" I think the best place to start is Andar's compilation of info for new users. There's a lot of really useful stuff there, but in particular there are 2 playable tutorials that he links to, one for the Event Command Menu and one for Switches and Variables. Being interactive they are a quick and efficient way of learning, and the bonus is that you can open up the Event Commands tutorial in your editor and see exactly how things were done. Spending a bit of time on these now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future and give you a solid grasp of 2 essential aspects of making any game.

Mr_Holiday

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello and welcome to the forum.

As you intend to "pour over the contents" I think the best place to start is Andar's compilation of info for new users. There's a lot of really useful stuff there, but in particular there are 2 playable tutorials that he links to, one for the Event Command Menu and one for Switches and Variables. Being interactive they are a quick and efficient way of learning, and the bonus is that you can open up the Event Commands tutorial in your editor and see exactly how things were done. Spending a bit of time on these now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future and give you a solid grasp of 2 essential aspects of making any game.
Thanks very much! I'll be doing that tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps
Wasting so much time trying to get a sprite behavior to work. I feel like banging my head against a wall.
Well... it’s been a real pain in the IRS today. :/
My kitty still young (3-4 months), I think I could teach her some funny tricks... like: "Play dead-ly good music for my games"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinion