Hey there!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Mr_Holiday, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mr_Holiday

Mr_Holiday Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, everyone! Brand new to the forums and brand new to RPGMaker (I just purchased MV today). I have a couple of projects in mind and was on the fence about purchasing it soon, but figured the fact that I saw it on a deep sale probably meant I should go ahead and jump on it.

I'm sure I'll be coming around fairly often with questions and whatnot. In those instances, any and all help is appreciated! Till then, I'll be pouring over the contents that are already here to be read.

Just a bit about myself. I'm a long-time game player, with a heavy leaning toward RPG and puzzle games. I host a retro-gaming podcast, that covers games from the beginning up through the PS1 era. I fancy myself a writer even though I don't have any works that have been published (YET). It was during writing of a particular piece of mine that I realized that it may translate over to the interactive side of things much better than just as written word.

That's about all I got for now. Thanks for having me!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

As you intend to "pour over the contents" I think the best place to start is Andar's compilation of info for new users. There's a lot of really useful stuff there, but in particular there are 2 playable tutorials that he links to, one for the Event Command Menu and one for Switches and Variables. Being interactive they are a quick and efficient way of learning, and the bonus is that you can open up the Event Commands tutorial in your editor and see exactly how things were done. Spending a bit of time on these now will save you a huge amount of time and frustration in the future and give you a solid grasp of 2 essential aspects of making any game.

3. Mr_Holiday

Mr_Holiday Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks very much! I'll be doing that tonight.