- Oct 20, 2021
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
My name is CJ or "Borb" (for people who have known me since. The Darker days of my online Presence,,,,), my pronouns are He/They/She, and I am an aspiring game dev! I currently use RPGM:MV, and have upwards of 5 projects planned (They're just ideas, mostly), with one currently in the concept stage of development- so maybe I'll be fairly active? That is to be determined, as I have a lot going on rn, and I'm not in the most stable of situations :') But! I'll definitely try!
Some fun info about my interests? I guess?
- I'm a huge horror nut. Psychological, gore- if it's spooky in any way, I'm probably interested. It's been my go-to genre for as long as I can remember- so It's a huge part of pretty much all of my current projects. However, I'm also a huge fan of anything that's super character/story-driven. I'm talking that "Playable Novel" type beat- and that's another thing you'll probably see with me, especially my in-progress title.
- I attended Watkins College of Art and Design (RIP) and majored in Illustration for a semester before our school was bonked by B*lmont University, and attended Columbus College of Art and Design, majoring in game art and design, for like. a month before I lost all access to the internet for 3 months and missed too much of my online class to be able to make up,,,, so school just has something against me I suppose. But! I hope maybe someday I can go back and stick to it, Gods willing,,,
- I love Character Design and Storybuilding. That's, like, my WHOLE deal. I'm an OC hoarder; my Toyhou.se character count is over 200, and that leaves out many characters I have made since I stopped being active there,,, I'm hoping to put some of those characters to use in my games. Maybe.
- I have had a crazy hyper-fixation on Religion, folklore, and urban legends (Especially Japanese Folklore) practically all my life, and it definitely shows up in pretty much EVERYTHING I make. My current project is entirely based on it, actually- like, that's the whole motif of the game. It's so cool to me. Be prepared to never hear the end of it.
- I really like goldfish. Just. In general. They're another really special thing to me that I like to add to pretty much everything (My username on everything now is literally "Shubunkin", which is a goldfish breed.)
- RPG Maker Games were what inspired me to really start doing this, actually. Especially the games "OFF", "Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea", and "Ib"; those were kinda my "wow, this is what's possible for me?" eye-openers, and I think the inspiration there also shows. I was also super heavily inspired by "UNDERTALE", and more recently, "OMORI" and the "Yume Nikki: Dream Diary" Remake (Which I actually really enjoy, despite it being something of an unpopular opinion apparently?)
- I do pretty much EVERYTHING by myself. Development, Character Design, Game assets- I even kinda dabble in doing the music for my project (though, this, I might have to turn elsewhere for because I am NOT good at it.)
Anyway! That's really about everything. I mean, if anyone wants to know more about me, you can always ask. I really don't know how much you guys will actually see of me around here or other forum sites, but I really want to be more active- especially now that I'm spending more time actually focusing on my projects, and might actually be ready to start releasing public info on them soon. Anyway! I hope everyone who is reading this has a wonderful day and has something nice to eat and drink!!!!!!! take care of yourselves!! or else