Hi all, life in a game have you thought about it?

T3-mith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just saying hi, wanted to post something random as a general topic though i really have no idea if its correct on not for this forum, i

ok so 2 part question and a few of rules for the 2en part,

part 1,
think of your favorite game, preferably a RPG but a it could be a story in general as long as it has a main character and and a definitive ending, if it dose not, then you can make a ending, for example, if you would choose a game like WOW, or Ragnarok online, then you give it a ending like reaching level 100, or beating a end game boss,

Part 2,
taking your favorite game,
you read a book, while the first few pages, or the prologue sounds like its describing you, you also find it is describing your favorite game, point to point, suddenly feeling tired at the end of the prologue, going to the next page you find that there is no writing in the book, like nothing has been written, other then the chapter names,
passing out after that, you wake, not dreaming, like you didnt sleep at all, but you find your self in your favorite game, as the main character
everyone from this world is in that world also taking on a relative role, for example, sisters are sister, mothers are mothers, friends are friends, enemy's are enemy's,
you track around looking around, you find a wizard or scientist (depending on the world you choose) and tell them, they think your crazy as hell, but go on to explain to you, IF you are in another world that is based on your favorite game or story, then if you finish the story let things play out, then you should return,

what do you do, do you go out of your way to finish the game, or story, and return to this world, or do you find the your favorite point in the game, and stay there, as per your choosing,

rules to this,
the new world even if the game in real life allows for re-spawning, your playing in the real world now, if someone dies there dead, if you die, your dead, life is life and it will go on, and it will be messy, think normal rules about the real world and put them over, gravity is gravity a drop will kill you, but if you can fly you can fly,
while if someone dies, they are dead, but, if you should be able to cast a spell in the game to resurrect you can, though you can only do it the one time, take that there is cost to the spell such as a demon deal, you only get 10 year, or it costs half your life, all your magic leaving you mute for so long,
if in the game you can breath underwater, or fly, turn into a animal or something, you can, though even if you dont die in the game from drowning or fire or something, use common sense there, if there is no reason why you cant die, you can,
you can change your mind stay until your board with that world and then finish the game, but you would die of old age in the end,
you and only you remembers this world, everyone there when you tell them thinks your nuts, your advised to keep it to your self by the wizard,

my answer is bellow, try to answer the question b4 reading mine for spoiler reasons, sort of, my game ending has a twist and stuffs the question up for some people
my favorite game is Final Fantasy 10,
i would choose to remain in that world, as i love it, and this world well not so much, i feel like this world has nothing holding me to it sometimes,
given though i changed my mind in the end, anyone that has played FF10, knows that in the end Tidus turns out to be a dream and fades away, in other words fails to live until the end, so i would die if i tried to return,
given that i didnt notice that plot twist to my answer, but found it funny in the end lol

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for looking at broad themes as they affect the making of our projects.
[MOVE]General Lounge[/MOVE]

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
You put way too much information in there. I am surprised at how simple your answer is so it seems like the only thing worth reading on the post.

In my opinion, this question takes a very large amount of information if you are to put any effort into it. Final Fantasy X was a world of serious problems and corruption and by the end of the game, the whole state of things has been de-stabilized. I guess if you play Final Fantasy X-2, then you can have a good idea of how you would live in this world but you are basing it just on the first game so it mostly feels like you go off art alone. Yes it is a very pretty game, but a lot of its world is not welcoming and it is quite political like the real world, but people have more potential for power as well. I really don't see why you would want to live their over other fantasy worlds if you really thought about it.

My favorite world in a game is Megaman Battle Network, but it isn't really my most favorite game. That would probably go to Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War or Tales of Phantasia or Disgaea 2 or Earthbound. I don't think any of those worlds would be interesting enough to live in for how dangerous they are (well Earthbound is not dangerous in the long-term, but it also doesn't have much lasting appeal). So just because a game is your favorite doesn't mean it is a dream world.

But since your challenge is to pick my favorite game, I guess I am forced to.

I pick Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War as my favorite game.
It is hard for me to think of how I would experience things in this world. Maybe being in a village would be relatively safe since most of the game seemed to be about overthrowing governments so the average person was less likely to be killed (except for those pesky bandits). Then again, I almost feel like I would be forced to fight as my spirit has always been strong. It seems like there would either be no good end for me (if I was in the earlier time half of the game) or I would face some serious difficulties making it out alive in a world that isn't even that different from what we are facing now. So yeah, I guess in the end I would leave if possible. I value staying alive a lot, especially after all I've done and discovered to stay alive. My desire is to live forever since I already avoided what I thought was inevitable death. Also, I doubt the world would be politically advanced enough for me to really feel comfortable in if everything went well.

DilidKuDufan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Somali
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I would wake up in Dynasty Warriors 4 at Huo Lao Gate just to fight Lu Bu on his red hare. Or in any NBA 2K game really lol.

Throw me in the world of Pokemon Emerald than I would should you who the best Pokemaster of them all. Because I be catching 'em off their Ashes.

I would have a team of Shines on me to fight the baddest there.

T3-mith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
lo
Throw me in the world of Pokemon Emerald than I would should you who the best Pokemaster of them all. Because I be catching 'em off their Ashes.

I would have a team of Shines on me to fight the baddest there.
lol dont see many people saying pokemon given offline or on line, most of the time people say minecraft ~,~
You put way too much information in there. I am surprised at how simple your answer is so it seems like the only thing worth reading on the post.

In my opinion, this question takes a very large amount of information if you are to put any effort into it. Final Fantasy X was a world of serious problems and corruption and by the end of the game, the whole state of things has been de-stabilized. I guess if you play Final Fantasy X-2, then you can have a good idea of how you would live in this world but you are basing it just on the first game so it mostly feels like you go off art alone. Yes it is a very pretty game, but a lot of its world is not welcoming and it is quite political like the real world, but people have more potential for power as well. I really don't see why you would want to live their over other fantasy worlds if you really thought about it.

My favorite world in a game is Megaman Battle Network, but it isn't really my most favorite game. That would probably go to Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War or Tales of Phantasia or Disgaea 2 or Earthbound. I don't think any of those worlds would be interesting enough to live in for how dangerous they are (well Earthbound is not dangerous in the long-term, but it also doesn't have much lasting appeal). So just because a game is your favorite doesn't mean it is a dream world.

But since your challenge is to pick my favorite game, I guess I am forced to.

I pick Fire Emblem Genealogy of the Holy War as my favorite game.
It is hard for me to think of how I would experience things in this world. Maybe being in a village would be relatively safe since most of the game seemed to be about overthrowing governments so the average person was less likely to be killed (except for those pesky bandits). Then again, I almost feel like I would be forced to fight as my spirit has always been strong. It seems like there would either be no good end for me (if I was in the earlier time half of the game) or I would face some serious difficulties making it out alive in a world that isn't even that different from what we are facing now. So yeah, I guess in the end I would leave if possible. I value staying alive a lot, especially after all I've done and discovered to stay alive. My desire is to live forever since I already avoided what I thought was inevitable death. Also, I doubt the world would be politically advanced enough for me to really feel comfortable in if everything went well.
i have a tendency to over talk more so when im tired or board, at this point i had been board and at home for 2 weeks state,
FFx has been my favorite game sins i was little, my first go playing it i logged 999 hours i dont think it could go any higher lol,
i know that the world is unstable, but in the case of choosing the game you just go to your favorite game, i as a psychological part of the question, according to my psychologist, my answer means that i dislike or even hate this world, and the fact that i chose something that i knew i would die in if i tried to returns means even more, my psychologist like this question so much that she wrote it down and has been asking every gamer or fantasy geek (some like reading books some like watching LOTR or game of thrones, even harry potter on repeat,) she was saying it gives her a greater insight on who shes talking to, given it shows her how much that person dislikes this world that they would rather go to another world that is far more dangerous, or simply unstable.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This sounds fun, and I might pick several titles from the famous one.

1. Skyrim
I've been replaying this ton of times that I think I've immersed myself with the world several times already. But, the funny thing probably comes if I'm isekai'd to this world and greeted by the famous "Hey, you're finally awake". My first reaction would be panic, of course, I'm about to get executed. Even if I know I'm in my fave game.

Fast forward in time, assume I managed to escape just like in the game (plus add some survival mod because the base game isn't realistic). My life would start as a thief with miserable luck because my skill is at a low level and get caught, then spend time in jail. Being Dragonborn? what is that?

Let just say, months passed, somehow the plot managed to drag me back to being Dragonborn and slay Alduin. If given a chance to come back to my world, I would probably do it. Living in the Tamriel sucks. If I don't have a chance, I probably start to become power-hungry so no one would pick a fight, and hopefully, I could start to live in peace. Or just stay low so no one would bother me.

2. Fallout 4
This is far worse than Skyrim. If I woke up and I found myself woke up from Cryogenic and greeted by a giant cockroach, I must be dreaming. If this were the real world, I would probably be going to die before even finish the "game". There're tons of hazards that even if you know the game, you would pretty much still die anyway. The biggest offender would be the mines. So, no, I'm not going to finish this.

3. Space Ranger 2
This is probably my most fave pick if I'm going to pick "my world" although not my "most" fave RPG in definition, but still my fave.

My life would start as a rookie ranger climbing up the rank. As a newbie, I would get bullied by my superiors, doing errands because that was the thing I could do with weak ships, and get chased by pirates. Eventually, I would upgrade my ship to become as fast as possible. So I could run in danger. However, people in the galaxy would know me as a ranger who does hit and run and probably start giving me a sort of nickname. I didn't want to be famous, but people did it anyway. I didn't realize that I climbed up the rank.

In this game, you have a common enemy which is Dominator. Sweeping up the dominator took tens of years (in the game time). If I did finish the "game", I would probably already too old. And there goes my retirement. And that time, probably there not much going to do in the world. Should I go back to the world? I don't know.

DilidKuDufan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Somali
Primarily Uses
RM2k
lol dont see many people saying pokemon given offline or on line, most of the time people say minecraft ~,~
:eswt: I had a nerd moment. Just enjoying my free-time.
It's a free world as well. Anything I say on my behalf is because for me the Internet is meaningless - So Robotic.

Signed By:
Sargent Dukes About My Money Ya Dig Dig
Sanctioned Okay Goes by Money Run Telecom.

T3-mith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This sounds fun, and I might pick several titles from the famous one.
1. Skyrim
I've been replaying this ton of times that I think I've immersed myself with the world several times already. But, the funny thing probably comes if I'm isekai'd to this world and greeted by the famous "Hey, you're finally awake". My first reaction would be panic, of course, I'm about to get executed. Even if I know I'm in my fave game.

Fast forward in time, assume I managed to escape just like in the game (plus add some survival mod because the base game isn't realistic). My life would start as a thief with miserable luck because my skill is at a low level and get caught, then spend time in jail. Being Dragonborn? what is that?

Let just say, months passed, somehow the plot managed to drag me back to being Dragonborn and slay Alduin. If given a chance to come back to my world, I would probably do it. Living in the Tamriel sucks. If I don't have a chance, I probably start to become power-hungry so no one would pick a fight, and hopefully, I could start to live in peace. Or just stay low so no one would bother me.

2. Fallout 4
This is far worse than Skyrim. If I woke up and I found myself woke up from Cryogenic and greeted by a giant cockroach, I must be dreaming. If this were the real world, I would probably be going to die before even finish the "game". There're tons of hazards that even if you know the game, you would pretty much still die anyway. The biggest offender would be the mines. So, no, I'm not going to finish this.

3. Space Ranger 2
This is probably my most fave pick if I'm going to pick "my world" although not my "most" fave RPG in definition, but still my fave.

My life would start as a rookie ranger climbing up the rank. As a newbie, I would get bullied by my superiors, doing errands because that was the thing I could do with weak ships, and get chased by pirates. Eventually, I would upgrade my ship to become as fast as possible. So I could run in danger. However, people in the galaxy would know me as a ranger who does hit and run and probably start giving me a sort of nickname. I didn't want to be famous, but people did it anyway. I didn't realize that I climbed up the rank.

In this game, you have a common enemy which is Dominator. Sweeping up the dominator took tens of years (in the game time). If I did finish the "game", I would probably already too old. And there goes my retirement. And that time, probably there not much going to do in the world. Should I go back to the world? I don't know.
lol you really went to town, it is a fun topic to think about, skyrim is anyother one that i would love to visit, though live by the sword die by the sword, piss off a vampire, become a demons b.... slave, lol though i would probably do what i always do and save up enough to buy a house right away go hunting allot and find dragons to kill for no better reason then there fun to kill, but god that would hurt having them breath on me all the time, dont stand in front of them nar ill just tank the damage and chop there head off, need a new mantel peace lol,
saddly i have not played the other 2 though plan on it now,
love your answer though

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmmm.... that sounds interesting! i will list my ones too then:

the first one is definitely ragnarok online. i would like to be a novice there and raise up as a swordman with the later way for becoming a crusader etc.

the second one is my own wurm unlimited world where i can do what i want. it is without an ending story.

the third one is stardew valley. i would like to be born there and have a farm with animals and crops etc. and i think i would marry elliot. :LZSkiss:

T3-mith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hmmmm.... that sounds interesting! i will list my ones too then:

the first one is definitely ragnarok online. i would like to be a novice there and raise up as a swordman with the later way for becoming a crusader etc.

the second one is my own wurm unlimited world where i can do what i want. it is without an ending story.

the third one is stardew valley. i would like to be born there and have a farm with animals and crops etc. and i think i would marry elliot. :LZSkiss:
lol i loved Ragnarok online, it was the first MMO RPG i ever played, i can see why you would want to go into that, if it was me though i think i would go thief assassin, lol poi crit sin, got to love that build,

Ilithianeae

dont use my moo-cow face, please! ^-^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it was the first one for me too. and if i would be born there i would be happy. not to mention that i would never be hungry because porings gives apples, lunatics carrots and desert wolf baby gives meat and oranges. wow.... i would be very healthy there! :LZSkiss:

oh, i forgot to mention that we can cook there! i think i would like to live in payon.

T3-mith

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it was the first one for me too. and if i would be born there i would be happy. not to mention that i would never be hungry because porings gives apples, lunatics carrots and desert wolf baby gives meat and oranges. wow.... i would be very healthy there! :LZSkiss:

oh, i forgot to mention that we can cook there! i think i would like to live in payon.
lol living in payon, i would be in payon dungeon every day looking for my hat, and trying to tame a munak lol at least 1 hour every day haha, i still dont have the hat -.- though i do have a hole bunch of blue ones T_T

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's Saturday already. Last Saturday felt just like yesterday. o_o
I really need to stop adding more levels to this thing already...
My computer is now on the dead list. Parts and Services stopped two days ago for this type.
someone help my thread has been silent since the initial post I just wanna make a goddamn game
People3_6 and People3_7 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravenred