Hi all!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by Epic_Conjurer, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Epic_Conjurer

Epic_Conjurer Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself to the community, I've been using Forums for around 20 years? Maybe? I'm 37 but still about 18 in my head, and always wanted to make a game... With no Coding experience I tried out Unity, I made a Level but struggled with the Coding, man it's like an alien language! You guys who can code I seriously envy you, and yeah I could learn it but I don't want to be starting a game when I'm 97.

Anyway, I found RPG Maker MV on Steam, I know it's a love/hate type of thing with people these days when games come out that are just superb, but it's not all about Graphics and First Person Shooters... It's about a dayum fine story. With RMMV you can tell a mighty fine story which is all that really matters. To me it does anyway. You can play a 5 Star High Budget game with no story, more or less like these ridiculous Online Battle Royal games... Or you can play a low budget game with a story. I know what I'd rather.

Heh, Yup I can talk forever. I'm currently making a game that I've been working on on RMMV for around 6-8 Months? More or less. Has a decent story, I've been making my own Tilesets with Photoshop, I've been making my own SFX and Music for it, I'm actually an Epic Orchestral Music Composer, I can pretty much make any sort of music, but I find that making music doesn't always quench my creative thirst! Which is why I had to get RMMV.

The game I'm making is a Horror, it's about a girl who has a little sister who has "Imaginary Friends" who she talks to on a Ouija Board. The Main girl is called Effy, and she is left to Babysit the weird little sister for the weekend. Soon enough she finds out the imaginary friends aren't so imaginary, and that the little sister is involved in something way beyond Effy's control. It's very Family Orientated, and based solely on the experiences of Effy in a highly Paranormal situation. But, the further Effy looks into it, the worse it all gets... She faces choices that change the outcome of situations. She faces the Imaginary Friends in her Dreams, and in another world altogether. There are huge plot twists and some crazy mysterious things going on that I won't give away here. It's still in development and will be for a long time, but I do have a fair bit that is playable and ends on a big cliffhanger. Love my cliffhangers.
    Here's the teaser which was pretty much thrown together without thinking too much, but it shows a a few parts of the game without giving much away, it doesn't show much of the update but you'll get an idea of what I'm doing... I guess.

Hopefully I'll be accepted into the community, I've been looking around and dayum... some of you guys are serious legends at RPG Maker! Good on you guys! I think I could learn a lot from you!

Nice to meet you and thanks for having me!
    Tom, aka Epic Conjurer

2. Adonael

Adonael Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Welcome to the forum!

I have to say your project looks pretty interesting. I have quite the same problem you do when it comes to coding.

I've studied bits of it, but my brain just can't translate that language in a way that makes sense to me.

3. Epic_Conjurer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks and double thanks Adonael! Yeah, same here coding to me, like what I was saying above and all that, is like an alien language, and it doesn't compute in my brain, a bit like Maths, I'm pretty terrible at Maths too... But I make up for that with creativity :) which is something I guess. Thanks for the reply :)

4. consolcwby

consolcwby (2015: afk...) 2018: BAK! :P Veteran

Somewhere the East Coast of the USA... i think...
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Epic_Conjurer: Well, you could always learn COBOL. It's easy to learn, and will put you in good with the obscure/dead language crowd! :D Also, if you jump in your time machine (or can break into the JPL's or CERN's) then you can be JUST LIKE STUART!
    Real_COBOL_Ad.png
    Did I mention I am old and failed my COBOL classes?... so I never got my inner Stuart on. ;_;

lol - welcome aboard! :D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  5. Epic_Conjurer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    consolcwby! Amazing! :D Now where did I leave my time machine... Thanks for the welcome :)

starlight dream, Drenz and consolcwby like this.
  6. Drenz

Drenz Forever Desdamona Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Welcome to the forum! You'll find all types of help for any RPG Makers you are using. The staff and members are all very friendly/helpful! I look forward to seeing what you're working on eventually! :]

Have a good time and as @starlight dream says, "Make sure you back up your game often!" ;]

7. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Welcome @Epic_Conjurer! :)

RPGM helps to keep us young at heart! Heehee I love horror games, so hopefully I'll get to play yours too, oneday. Have fun and best of luck on your rpg adventure.

And make sure you back up your game often!

@Drenz Do I really say that? :p

It's something that's mentioned often around here, so might as well introduce @Epic_Conjurer to it right away! :D Well done! XD

Epic_Conjurer and Drenz like this.
  8. Drenz

Drenz Forever Desdamona Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    @starlight dream Haha! I'm learning from the best! :D Its becoming my new motto that I say to myself as I'm working on my game lol

@Epic_Conjurer Horror games are the only type of horror I can deal with, movies just don't do it for me. So I'm definitely pumped for the coming spooks! Haha

9. starlight dream

starlight dream Loving life...One dream at a time Veteran

First Language:
    EN, EL, FR
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Good, good! It'll save you lots of problems! :p

Epic_Conjurer and Drenz like this.
  10. Epic_Conjurer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey thanks Drenz and Starlight Dreams for replying :) most awesome of you! Yup learned a few things already from the legendary makers here some awesome stuff! Today I learned how to fade a picture in rather than have it pop up awkwardly, which is a good thing :) And yeah definitely backing up the game as it's getting quite a decent size now... Good advice!

Yeah Horror is my thing, always been a fan of horror films as a kid, I agree horror is very tame nowadays or just cheese, but with good experience in horror at least RMMV can be made creepy, even if it looks simple, which is a challenge in itself that I'm enjoying. Hope you'd like to give my game a try, might actually release it into the world today as a demo of sorts, there's about an hour of game play so far if you literally run around doing what you have to do without looking for the easter eggs or exploring the locations... There's a few puzzles that might make it longer depending on certain things. And of course if you make the wrong decision you can die, and if you don't save the game, that could put extra time on it :D

Anyway cheers guys :)

Drenz likes this.