Dontablack330

Get ya EXP & LvL Up!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What's up RPG Maker community,

My name is Donte, I am in audio engineer / composer in the New York City area. Looking to network and build with video game developers.

Willing to work for free to go to profolio and or paid projects. I just want to be a part of a team.

I would like to say that I was raised up on the Final Fantasy Dynasty, but recently have gotten into the Persona series.

If any long-time vets, or seasoned localee's in here could give me some advice as to where to start. I would be honoured and extremely grateful.

Here is a reel of music I've created thus far:

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. !

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi and welcome.

Advice on where to start, hmm... Well, one of the best places would be Andar's compilation of info for new users. Among the many useful things there, you will find links to 2 playable tutorials, one on Events and another on Switches and Variables. As those 2 elements are among the most important things you'll need, getting a firm grip on them now will save you huge amounts of time and frustration in the future.

Another thing you might do is browse the forum section 'General Discussion'. There are several threads there looking at how people begin their games. You'll probably have to look a the first few pages to find them all, but the titles are pretty descriptive, so just skimming the titles will be enough.

And have fun.

Sauteed_Onion

Mmm Tasty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome! There are a few composers working on stuff here, @Richard John S and @djDarkX to name a couple right away. And they both use status feeds to let the world know they are still alive and ticking. If you ever need some silliness feel free to go to my profile page and talk about food and music. Please stay G and PG, meow.

Dontablack330

Get ya EXP & LvL Up!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I thank you both for the warm welcome, I will be sure to engage on a respectable level to add. lol

Apollyon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey I was checking out your post and wanted to say great job with your songs. You can hear the FF inspiration throughout and it was very cool. I'm new to game design however if you're still interested down the road, I'll definitely keep you in mind. :thumbsup-left:

Dragonkissed

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the music you posted, and can tell you have talent for that. I'm new here myself, as well as new to the whole Programing/RPG Maker world in general. I've always felt one of the more important aspects of a game to is the music! The quality and variety of the music really helps set the tone/mood of the game at each point. Especially when it's a long game that covers a lot of areas, or you have to revisit the some areas multiple time. I always got into the game more when the music reflected what was currently happening. Also I got really fed up with a lot of games that have 1 single Battle or Background song for everything from start to finish. I always wondered when going to new areas, why is the world map, every town, and every dungeon the same music. One of my all time favorite games for the music itself is Wizards and Warriors for NES. I'm not sure if you have ever played the game/Heard the music from it, but I loved the music in that game so much I used to listen to in my car lol. I'm not sure if you can create anything like that, but if you can I would love to work with you in the future. That is when I actually know what I'm doing, and start working on serious games instead of my learning creations lol. Either way good luck with your projects, and I look forward to listening to more of your work in the future.

Dontablack330

Get ya EXP & LvL Up!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey I was checking out your post and wanted to say great job with your songs. You can hear the FF inspiration throughout and it was very cool. I'm new to game design however if you're still interested down the road, I'll definitely keep you in mind. :thumbsup-left:
Thanks a lot! Yes, please keep me in mind, I would love to work and rub shoulders.

Dontablack330

Get ya EXP & LvL Up!
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the music you posted, and can tell you have talent for that. I'm new here myself, as well as new to the whole Programing/RPG Maker world in general. I've always felt one of the more important aspects of a game to is the music! The quality and variety of the music really helps set the tone/mood of the game at each point. Especially when it's a long game that covers a lot of areas, or you have to revisit the some areas multiple time. I always got into the game more when the music reflected what was currently happening. Also I got really fed up with a lot of games that have 1 single Battle or Background song for everything from start to finish. I always wondered when going to new areas, why is the world map, every town, and every dungeon the same music. One of my all time favorite games for the music itself is Wizards and Warriors for NES. I'm not sure if you have ever played the game/Heard the music from it, but I loved the music in that game so much I used to listen to in my car lol. I'm not sure if you can create anything like that, but if you can I would love to work with you in the future. That is when I actually know what I'm doing, and start working on serious games instead of my learning creations lol. Either way good luck with your projects, and I look forward to listening to more of your work in the future.
I have to say I agree, I like to go back to Villages and dungeons where the music is always still enjoyable. I'm going to check out the OST of the game that you mentioned. Let's all stay in touch.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Dontablack330, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

If you want to add something afte your post, just use the 'Edit' button. You can also quote several posts at the same time: just click on +Quote for the posts you want to reply, then scroll down and click on Insert quotes. Alternatively, you can use @"username" to respond to others.

fimamati

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Dontablack330 Well I see i'm late since it appears your original post was Jan 25, 2018; However it ended up under recent so here I am. :XP01B: SO. Here is a late welcome to the community, a compliment on how nice your music reel is and a nosy question. Have you been able to network and build something with other developers since you've been here?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I spoke with hudell and many programmer about the Window_BattleLog class and we all just agreed to pretend this class just doesn't exists lol
I haven't been able to solidify a cohesive plot so dropped out of a game jam but, on a fun note, I pre-ordered MZ today! :LZSwink:
So I just spent the weekend...playing my own game. The one I released last year. Yep you heard that right.
Goal for MZ? None... I'm still curious how to finish my VXA project and how it looks like when it actually finished. Which will take at least another two years. Coming late again to the party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janetjoradan