lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A big hello to everyone :D

Been lurking for a bit but only now starting to try and meaningfully engage.

Firstly, a bit of an apology to the moderators. Shaz and mlogan. I believe every post I've made has been in the wrong forum :(. I am very new to forums in general and so get a bit lost on where to go and what to include in posts. That being said, I am taking the time out tonight to try and get much better at reading the rules, and I will get much better at posting in the correct forums. Thanks for your patience you superstars

A bit about me:
Australia-based, I'm very new to game making and the RPG maker series. As such, A lot of my posts are going to appear green (sorry in advance).

I really want to make myself useful to this community, though that being said - straight up I don't have much skill currently. I'd say I'm alright at worldbuilding, but in terms of art or scripting, I leave a lot to be desired. That will hopefully change, as I am learning Javascript on linkedin learning. Like most people on here, I do work through the week which really limits the time I can commit to my learning but I am hopeful to get there one day!

In the interim, if anyone needs anything playtested, or is exhausted at writing lore for their world or stories for their world, let me know and I'll give it a stab.

Now about you all :)

Would love to hear a bit about yourself, what brought you to RPG Maker aaaand an answer to this question (if you are daring)
Q: If you could wake up tomorrow - having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be and why?

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi @lubu15! Nice to meet you! :kaohi:

Firstly, a bit of an apology to the moderators. Shaz and mlogan. I believe every post I've made has been in the wrong forum :(. I am very new to forums in general and so get a bit lost on where to go and what to include in posts. That being said, I am taking the time out tonight to try and get much better at reading the rules, and I will get much better at posting in the correct forums. Thanks for your patience you superstars

Don't feel bad about accidentally posting in the wrong forum. We were all new members at some point and everyone makes mistakes. :)

I really want to make myself useful to this community, though that being said - straight up I don't have much skill currently. I'd say I'm alright at worldbuilding, but in terms of art or scripting, I leave a lot to be desired. That will hopefully change, as I am learning Javascript on linkedin learning. Like most people on here, I do work through the week which really limits the time I can commit to my learning but I am hopeful to get there one day!

I'm not an artist or a scripter either. Luckily RPG Maker is a great program where you make a game even with the default assets. Plus you have a lot of talented artists and scripters/plugin creators on this forum who are happy to help you. :)

Now about you all :)

Would love to hear a bit about yourself, what brought you to RPG Maker

I think I first found out about RPG Maker when I was a young teen and used to watch YouTubers play those RPG maker horror games (Ib, Misao, Mad Father etc).
I was curious about the program so I looked up some tutorials on youtube. I remember watching YouTubers like Echo607, Redweaver, Plumphelmetpunk and chigooX.
There were people that would post gameplay from their games on youtube and I would watch those too.

I decided to buy RPG Maker VX Ace and attempt to make a game of my own.
It took YEARS for me to actually finish a game. I kept starting new projects and then getting overwhelmed and abandoning them. My first game is a short game I made last year for a challenge. It's called Escape the Haunted Forest. I'm currently making a longer game using the same cast called Souls and Sorcery. :)

Q: If you could wake up tomorrow - having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be and why?

Um... I would love to be able to draw. My art skills are pretty bad. I need to start practicing again.:kaosigh:

ArcanaMoonShine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanisg
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Would love to hear a bit about yourself, what brought you to RPG Maker

Deaspair and Hate!

In a serious note... well... is not that far of reality, need to survive and specially, say F*** Off to my actual Boss.
I allways had love RPG Maker, been playing since XP (Hello high seas) And finally bough the MV when decide to go down this road. I know here the competion is fierce and... someone underrated (A LOT of horrible RPG Maker games out there) But it was one day the inspiration come and i said... wait a second, I CAN MAKE A GAME LIKE THIS!
So far, about 6-7 maps, 4 Characters, like 4-5 Enemies, almost 60 Skills... this is the farthes i ever reach on this tool, mostly, it was more like taking a bounch of legos and build something for past time, and honestly, i am proud what i have build so far, i know i can do the game, i want to do :)

By the way! Hi and welcome :) Nice to meet you :)

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi @lubu15! Nice to meet you! :kaohi:

Don't feel bad about accidentally posting in the wrong forum. We were all new members at some point and everyone makes mistakes. :)

I'm not an artist or a scripter either. Luckily RPG Maker is a great program where you make a game even with the default assets. Plus you have a lot of talented artists and scripters/plugin creators on this forum who are happy to help you. :)

I think I first found out about RPG Maker when I was a young teen and used to watch YouTubers play those RPG maker horror games (Ib, Misao, Mad Father etc).
I was curious about the program so I looked up some tutorials on youtube. I remember watching YouTubers like Echo607, Redweaver, Plumphelmetpunk and chigooX.
There were people that would post gameplay from their games on youtube and I would watch those too.

I decided to buy RPG Maker VX Ace and attempt to make a game of my own.
It took YEARS for me to actually finish a game. I kept starting new projects and then getting overwhelmed and abandoning them. My first game is a short game I made last year for a challenge. It's called Escape the Haunted Forest. I'm currently making a longer game using the same cast called Souls and Sorcery. :)

Um... I would love to be able to draw. My art skills are pretty bad. I need to start practicing again.:kaosigh:
Thanks for the reassurances and kind words Dreamfall887

And good on you for achieving that milestone of making your first game! that must have felt incredible. I'm sure that it taught you a lot for escape the haunted forest. Escape the haunted forest will probably in turn teach you about the next as well :D

I think I already admire your ability to keep on keeping on.

Think I'm very similar to you with getting sidetracked on projects AND wanting to be better at art. With the latter, especially now that NFT's are becoming more prominent. I always think things are easier than they are. With the NFT situation I can't get it out of my head that with a little art skill and some decent marketing you could probably make alright money.

Thanks a lot for your contribution :D

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Deaspair and Hate!

In a serious note... well... is not that far of reality, need to survive and specially, say F*** Off to my actual Boss.
I allways had love RPG Maker, been playing since XP (Hello high seas) And finally bough the MV when decide to go down this road. I know here the competion is fierce and... someone underrated (A LOT of horrible RPG Maker games out there) But it was one day the inspiration come and i said... wait a second, I CAN MAKE A GAME LIKE THIS!
So far, about 6-7 maps, 4 Characters, like 4-5 Enemies, almost 60 Skills... this is the farthes i ever reach on this tool, mostly, it was more like taking a bounch of legos and build something for past time, and honestly, i am proud what i have build so far, i know i can do the game, i want to do :)

By the way! Hi and welcome :) Nice to meet you :)
Haha someone of my own heart!
I definitely share that dream of telling my boss to shove it hahaha

And more power to you, you sound like you have a fire to you ArcaneMoonShine, I haven't ever met you and I still believe you can get that game done and really kick ass with it.
4-5 enemies and 60 Skills is technically already kicking ass, and a lot further than I've got with mine.

Very well met. Here is hoping the despair ad hate can fuel us a bit longer hahaha

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I believe every post I've made has been in the wrong forum

Pretty sure this also the wrong "General" forum, lol.
Upanhso.tk-28.gif

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to the forums and thanks for giving us a shout out!

I believe every post I've made has been in the wrong forum :(. I am very new to forums in general and so get a bit lost on where to go and what to include in posts.

Don't sweat it. Learning to navigate the forums takes a little time and the mods here are super helpful at helping us keep the forums organized.

I learned about RPG Maker a couple of years ago when searching for how people make mobile games.

As for waking up with a skill, I'd say graphic design because I almost went that route for college and often regret I haven't.

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I've moved this thread to Introductions/Farewells. Thank you.

Firstly, a bit of an apology to the moderators. Shaz and mlogan. I believe every post I've made has been in the wrong forum :(.
Don't worry about it, we're here for that. With time the different sections of the forums will come naturally to you.

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It totally was haha.

Aw man. One day Ill get it right !!

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Welcome to the forums and thanks for giving us a shout out!

Don't sweat it. Learning to navigate the forums takes a little time and the mods here are super helpful at helping us keep the forums organized.

I learned about RPG Maker a couple of years ago when searching for how people make mobile games.

As for waking up with a skill, I'd say graphic design because I almost went that route for college and often regret I haven't.

I find the mods are super patient as well which is lovely!

And interesting. Do you ever plan on retouching on graphic design? as in pursuing learning outside of college? I know this will probably sound like an ad but I use Linkedin learning and thats been great for picking up new skills.

Wanted to get into graphic design myself a bit when I learned about Non fungible tokens (NFTs) as seen some people making good money on that.

But then when I had a look into it, the learning curve seemed a bit too much for me haha.

That being said, I do believe a lot of the people I know that are into graphic design say its pretty rewarding. So it could be worth re checking out maybe if you get the time. I believe in you anyway. Though we havent met I'd put money on you becoming an ace graphic designer in time <3

lubu15

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
[MOVE]Introductions/Farewells[/MOVE]

Don't worry about it, we're here for that. With time the different sections of the forums will come naturally to you.
Aw no haha
Sorry MushroomCake28. Will add you to my list of apologies!

Thanks for the move. Shouldn't happen again

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(quote below truncated)
Do you ever plan on retouching on graphic design?...I use Linkedin learning and thats been great for picking up new skills.

...people I know that are into graphic design say its pretty rewarding. So it could be worth re checking out maybe if you get the time. I believe in you anyway...becoming an ace graphic designer in time. <3

Awwww, thanks! I hadn't really considered giving it another go because of age and money (I'd probably be approaching 60 by the time I'd be able to finish schooling and get it paid off). Right after posting here, I made a profile post (about wishing I had an F9 button in life like you do in playtest mode) and a couple of members posted inspiration there too. What a great community we all have here and I'm glad you're part of it.

Thanks for sharing about your interest in graphic design and for telling me about LinkedIn learning. You guys have encouraged me to explore non-college options and that maybe I could start doing it on the side. By the way, I just looked up NFT's and -- wow -- I can see that booming in the next couple of years. I'd probably get stuck on that learning curve too. Haha!

Well, I replied to this thread to encourage you but encouraged me. Thank you for that! :kaoluv:

DrWho42

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
hello and welcome!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Glad you started to engage us ^^ Welcome here.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All the best greetings from over here as well!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

51F2AC5E-A605-446E-9439-D77AA6A0B0ED.pngAdded console to my content thread here
Sweet nostalgia. My fave Final Fantasy game.
Steam page is now live!
1632768058957.png
just discovered thig game called Willowbrooke Post... beautiful artstyle if I do say so myself... does anyone know what this kind of style is called??
In one of my game projects, I am working on an arena where you can fight combatants or bet on monsters, and, man, it is taking so long, lmao. I do not think that it helps that I am using an evented combat system with a lot of things that I have to edit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
switchstone