JayIsrael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been posting for the past few days and hadn't noticed there was a forum for introducing yourself.
My background is in graphic design / journalism, so the design and writing part of game development hasn't been as much of a problem, but when we get into coding and especially math, I start to have a nose bleed.
My first attempt at a game is a remake of the NES title "Star Trek: the 25th Anniversary," called "Star Trek: 55th." I wrote an announcement for it, with screenshots and videos, but currently it is being decided by mods whether or not it meets the rules of the forum.
I have been striving to not use any of the default resources in creating the game, which has made its development take longer than it probably should be, as I have to illustrate each map in Photoshop.
After finishing the Trek game, and using it to teach me some things about game making, I have it in my mind that I want to adapt a play I wrote about a lawyer who must fight to get out of hell (a comedy) and a senior who is trying to uncover the mystery of his nursing home.
You'll probably see me asking a lot of annoying questions in the forums about things that may come easily to the rest of you. Particularly when it comes to variables.

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMV
welcome and such like :)

JayIsrael

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the kind welcome :) If you are a "math master" then I probably will end up trying to get help from you.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can't wait to see your project. You've got a good background and experience for visual and advertising. Welcome to the forums!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't really say I have "too much free time", but hello there and welcome anyway. :kaohi:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
Hi fellow people with too much free time

Im not included in it.. Sad..

anyway, welcome to the community

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JayIsrael
Well, if it was only 1337 hours, then maybe I wouldn't feel so bad over not having finished a single project (yet). :kaoswt:

...but to tell you the truth, I've invested many, many more hours into this hobby. :kaosigh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Saying overused tropes are bad is like saying I - IV - V - I chord progression is bad.
I swear, the last 3 weeks I haven't felt like helping people at all. No idea why, even if I know the exact solution they need. Might need to harness my inner @Shaz or something. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
Look, I get that it's illegal, but...
It just happen we got P7 as booth number, so i draw Girls Frontline's P7 in this
Stream will be live shortly! Going to start with some Minecraft spriting, and might switch mid-stream. Depends~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightxGamer