Jaded

Jaded from Seaweed village
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am creating my first game, though I have designed dozens in my head already, this is the first actual one to be "creating" it. It is a simple one designed to just get the basics done with a part 2 for when I get the advanced stuff understood.

Ravenna is the mythical big city the game is mostly set in. You start off in a fishing village that the Innkeeper has been "upgrading" because she is a very elegant lady. So there are no shacks and things are slowly turning even prettier. Does the innkeeper have a master plan that no one suspects or just a lady who likes the finer things in life?

I am from Alaska and "na" at the end of a word means river so Ravenna means Raven river. Which is the river that passes through our sleepy village.

In the next game I plan to make it course through the city too somehow. but for this one, I just plan to keep it simple and doable and get something done to get feedback and tips and tricks to improve!

In the even tinier camp north of ours we learn that the Sisters of Raven had a fire and are staying with the old seamen's retreat. Is there something more at work? Are we blissfully missing clues to our fate?

And the fancy new school that a mysterious benefactor built, now is in ruins? What is going on and can a girl from a sleepy village actually make a difference?

Hehe, time to go copy/paste this to my game development thread :p

oh, and hello!

SolonWise

The Lonely Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Jaded. I think it's a great idea to learn RPG Maker while doing a simple game, exactly like you are doing right now. As it's your first project, probably the game will have small flaws, but the comunity will help you with that, pointing out the things you can do better next time. I wish you luck!

Oh, and welcome!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! And welcome to our community! I see you already have many plans lol. Keep it up!

Jaded

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Jaded. I think it's a great idea to learn RPG Maker while doing a simple game, exactly like you are doing right now. As it's your first project, probably the game will have small flaws, but the comunity will help you with that, pointing out the things you can do better next time. I wish you luck!

Oh, and welcome!
I think it is a fun system and there are some games on it I love, so hopefully can create that for someone else! :p

Jaded

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! And welcome to our community! I see you already have many plans lol. Keep it up!
I think the hardest part will be to try to keep it simple and not try to create a 20 hour epic adventure my first time out of the gate. So I put it into my mind to create a 2 part series so no pressure on this one ... thanks for the welcome!

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's Jared! The fine seller of jewelry.

Oops, sorry, misread the name.

KrimsonKing

Emotionless
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Jaded! Welcome to forums
If you can dream it, you can do it
!Just Keep Up the Work!...

and never forget if you are making
Simple game mechanics then graphics Should
Match...

If you think The work is too hard. Community
will Help you with that...

Jaded

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Jaded! Welcome to forums
If you can dream it, you can do it
!Just Keep Up the Work!...

and never forget if you are making
Simple game mechanics then graphics Should
Match...

If you think The work is too hard. Community
will Help you with that...
It is all new on the developing side, but I love playing these types of games so have experience on that side. I am trying to do a simple first one that just sets up the players and plot... The feedback from that will help immensely in trying to design the complete version of it! Hopefully create enough interest for everyone to wait as I try to learn parallax mapping (which looks amazingly cool!) and the game engine.

The community is very helpful and friendly and you can check out my Seaweed thread on the development forum to see what I am currently struggling with :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezalopan