Dweynie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone. I just wanted to say hi and say something bout myself.

I'm Dweynie and im an Artist. I use Anime style to be exact. Someone redirected me to this forum because I'm looking for new ways to have commissions. (Except for Deviantart and my FB page) and since I have encountered RPG Maker years before, I thought I'd give this a shot.

I wanted to ask where to start? Especially for the commission part.

If I have to post my art and works here to check if I'm legit, here's my Deviantart gallery: :) -->

http://dweynie.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thank you to whoever will answer my question. :D

Good Day! :D

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, welcome to the forums!

To get started and for the commission part specifically, I say get yourself familiar with the community and the software. Knowing your audience and what their needs are inside the software will make it easier to communicate and work together. There are some rules in place that require you have a minimum of 10 posts before opening a shop, but being active and engaging with the forum is plain better for business overall! You might be interested in the art boards and the discussion boards to enter some conversations or drum up your own. 

Your art, I think is pretty nice! The style is certainly popular here, so best of luck! Also, I see you enjoy some League of Legends. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome aboard! This is a great community for commissions! Everything Ms Littlefish said is important - familiarizing yourself with the program (the different assets people will be looking for, dimensions, and other requirements and limitations) is important and so is familiarizing yourself with the community. The 10 posts before you can post a shop is not only good for the forums, but it's good for us artists too. Building friendships and a reputation through interacting with people is almost more important than skill when it comes to commissions in ANY environment. This is a nice community to start out in for that especially! Since it's generally a very welcoming place. :)

Some more tips:

* Don't bite off more than you can chew. Pace yourself, especially in early stages, with smaller projects or commissions before taking on anything huge and long term.

* Check out the Classified Requests board and look for people asking for things you can handle and don't be shy to offer your skills up!

* Build a small portfolio of examples that would work in RPGmaker (rather than just having random art for your examples)

* Check out the Request Board and handle small requests for free (it's part of building a good name and reputation for yourself)

* MOST IMPORTANT: Exude confidence! (whether you have it or not) A person who is sure of their skill is more appealing to someone looking to hire than someone who sounds unsure.

Looking forward to what you'll bring to the community!

NeoFantasy

Building Worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Welcome to the community :D

Your art looks fantastic, love that chibi Link ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very nice artwork! I would totally commission from you if I could afford to. Maybe I will be able to in the future, so I hope you stick around!

Cadh20000

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Welcome to the group!

Sounds like your question has already been answered. :p

Rikifive

Bringer of Happiness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello!

I'm really impressed by your art! - it looks professional and great! =3

Welcome to the herd! (=

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
welcome to da forum!XD

u got any large sprites/mack style samples and how much? XD

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@The Black Swordsman

This thread should not be used to discuss commissions. You must wait until the OP has enough posts to open a classified thread.

@Dweynie

Please do not respond to the request, as that would be to circumvent the rules on starting a classified thread.

Thanks

Dweynie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
Thanks for all of the replies guys, :D will definitely do as you say, I still have to draw samples so it can fit for this community.. XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My entire world, full of monsters and treasures, will likely be done by the end of the year. After that it's all NPCs and side quests... then done. I'm never making an open world game again xD
The more I read Calvin and Hobbes as an adult, the more I deeply respect Bill Watterson. Plenty of stuff flew over my head, but now that I'm old enough to appreciate the viewpoints he shared with the fun and imagination? I am grateful that C&H was basically my early childhood.
After years of relying on others and the community to help with making my games, I've decided to delve into the world of scripting. Thought I'd share a few simple scripts that I made that I'm very proud of and excited about!

Redesigning characters after such a long time feels great. Makes me excited to work on an old game again.
Phone menu to replace main menu WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saopi