Hi, I'm Kourtnie!

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by k_mckenzie, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. k_mckenzie

k_mckenzie Fey.Earth Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello there! :yhappy:

I'm Kourtnie, a part-time community college teacher who's working in RMMV.

In high school, I built a game in RPG Maker 2000, then sold it on black-backed CDs. My computer had AOL. I walked uphill both ways. Then in undergrad, I played around with VX, but I never finished my second project. I also like Fes—except, the Etrian series usually consumes my portable gaming time—so I'm "in progress" in that RM...indefinitely.

I've visited these forums several times, but I haven't introduced myself yet.

Then a question hit me.

So I teach rhetoric and fallacious reasoning, and I've been wondering: Am I the only one who tries to determine if real-life things are operating on switches or variables? :yswt: It's interesting to think of things in this lens because switches are dichotomies and variables are spectrums. :ywink: This means, if switch logic is being applied to a variable problem, a false dichotomy is likely present.

Anyway, that's a window into how my mind works.

It's nice to meet everyone!

Starbird_Resources and Skoops like this.
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there! And welcome!

I suppose if you see life as a series of choices from possibilities, then yes it's like switches and variables in a way. But there's another of seeing things in a more physics way: if you know the position, speed vector and total energy of every atom and molecules in the universe, and if you know all the law of physics that rules the universe, you can predict the future accurately and there would be no different possibilities. The Schrodinger thought experiment relies on the fact that we cannot know both the position and the speed of an electron at the same time (knowing one would influence the other variable), thus the probability calculations creates the different possibilities. But if there's a god that knows all of that information (not the probability, the actual value), then he could accurately predict the future, thus making reality a linear line instead of a possibility tree.

3. k_mckenzie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But couldn't many worlds explain a universe (or multiverse) where probability and inevitably coexist?

While an observer might collapse those wuvy-wavy electrons from a possibility to result, couldn't a theoretical world exist for every variable and every switch?

Somewhere out there, is there a consciousness playing every version, every possible reality—gathering information for each probability, if there's even a point to it—until it's all inevitably completed?

If we're in a holographic 3-D universe with 4-D time, slapped onto a 2-D surface in a black hole somewhere, and our universe will deteriorate in a black hole era for 99% of its existence, I could imagine a theoretical infinity of universes blasting out from white holes, and—

I think my RPG Maker MV game might be a manifestation of an existential crisis.

Hurray!

And thank you for the warm welcome!

4. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If we're talking about a multiverse I would agree, but inside a single universe there would only be one linear reality according to the previous theory. A good way to refute would be to say that even with all that information, the compute time to determine the future would take longer than the future it predicts. So it would take more than 1 second to calculate a 1 second future. But to refute that, you could say that it only proves the impossibility to determine that future, but it doesn't disprove that future itself. And then the argument continues with a series of never ending refutation. That's the beauty of arguments on things that we don't have an answer lol.

k_mckenzie likes this.
  5. Zanckst

Zanckst Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Malay
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I believe that Chaos and Order coexist. The enemies are the Evil Chaos, ie the Void and the Void Beyond Void, and the best Creator(The Main Guardian-Warrior), Who is below the authority of the Mystery, is the Void that Repudiates Void.

These are my beliefs.

Hi Kourtnie

6. k_mckenzie

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like this! It sounds thought out. Hello, Xanckst!