Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hiimsylogo.png
Yes, that's my tagline for comms and stuff, which works well for introductions too;
You can call me Sy!
I'm from Malaysia and I like to draw and play indie games!
I'm very excitable by nature, so I tend to use lots of exclamation marks and kaomojis, do let me know when I'm overstepping boundaries! :kaoblush:

I've made a short game using the trial mode of RPG Maker MV called Arthur around a month ago, and now I've purchased my own copy of RMMV due to how fun my experience was creating such a chaotic game.
I wish to continue using this engine and further learn the possibilities of what it can do! :kaopride:

I've been lurking through the forums a lot when I made Arthur to seek answers on how to do certain things, and I've vowed to myself that I'll definitely join the forums and thank everyone officially after I purchase RPG Maker.

Now that I'm here, I'd like to do just that!

Thank you very much!!!
For all your help!
This community is so incredibly supportive, I want to give something in return and support the creators here as well!

I hope we can learn new things together! :kaojoy:
syyy.jpg
Oh! Also, I'm quite active in twitter if you'd like a follow! I'll def follow back! =D

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That kind of outgoing and excitable nature will get you far in the community I think, so I wouldn't worry about it. I'm too lax for my own good, but I can definitely appreciate a post like the above to cheer me up whenever I sound too much like Eeyore.

Welcome!

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've already met you on the site and talked to you once or twice, but allow me to officially welcome you to the forums. I have to say your posts are a great pick-me-upper, so looking forward to more of those. Already gave you a follow so maybe we can be friends on here. I'm a part time (procrastinating; cough, cough....wut?) writer on fictionpress, so maybe we can work together at some point. Anyways, happy to see you here and hopefully see you around.

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for the welcomes! :kaothx:
It's been a few days and I've only lurked through the Completed Games posts and try other people's games, I'm having so much fun :kaojoy:

@KakonComp Oh wow, thank you for thinking so! People like you are really cool in my eyes. I hope you have a good week!

@magnaangemon01 aaaa thanks! I'm still figuring out how this forum works, and once I find out how to follow people and understand what that entails exactly, I will do just that as well! I enjoyed your writing, I hope I can see more from you! Good luck with your next game!

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you actually like my writing, here's more:

GASP!!! BROOOO, this is perfect during my nighttime excursions aka insomnia! Thank you so much for sharing! I'll definitely check these out!

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ultragirl is cheesy, Anime Storm is giving me writer's block at the moment, Melamin is a rewrite (I still have the original as well), still trying to figure out what's next for Calamity Angel, might be pulling Castle in the Sky (I lost control of the story), not sure I'm the right writer for Cardrian Monsters, honestly, and lost interest in Winds of Change.

Sorry, can't help but be honest.

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ultragirl is cheesy, Anime Storm is giving me writer's block at the moment, Melamin is a rewrite (I still have the original as well), still trying to figure out what's next for Calamity Angel, might be pulling Castle in the Sky (I lost control of the story), not sure I'm the right writer for Cardrian Monsters, honestly, and lost interest in Winds of Change.

Sorry, can't help but be honest.
Aw buddy, it sounds like you had some rough patches, but I'm still glad you stuck through and posted the things you liked to write at one point! That's important! It's not always easy to hold on to that, but the time you spent on the things you like is never wasted. :kaoluv:
So thank you for deciding to share them!

Which one do you recommend? I'll have a go at it first!
I'm pretty confident I can find things I consider enjoyable about anything really, so hit me up! :kaopride:

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Calamity Angel has my best writing, but Melamin is my favorite. It's actually complete. The ending can be a bit silly, but like I said, I have the original if you're interested.

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooooh, I'd love to read Melamin then!
What's the difference between the original and the rewrite?

Oh! Also is it alright to discuss this here? =O I mean I can go find the thing with the mailbox icon, just in case if it clogs someone's feed aaaa

magnaangemon01

Miles Montgomery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I went ahead and sent you a message. Don't want to take too much away from the thread lol

kyonides

Reforged is laughable
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Fine, let Sy tell me what's a kaomoji. o_O Never heard about them before.

sy020

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fine, let Sy tell me what's a kaomoji. o_O Never heard about them before.
Kaomoji is a an emoticon style made of Japanese characters! You've heard of emojis, now get ready for KAOmojis!
"Kao" means "face" in Japanese, so it basically stands for "face emojis"!

In fact, you can access them right in your message box by clicking the icon!
These are some of them;
:kaoblush::kaoback::kaojoy::kaomad2::kaohi:

They are very cute and I like using them!

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Sy, RPG'ing is a unique journey for everyone. Enjoy those moments that bring ya the most joy playing and making them ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.
I think my SV will be weird, but I would love to change it up.

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katana100