WinnerVincent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there away to make it so an enemy cant die unless it has 1 hp e.g. if it has 2 hp and u attack it and it takes 69 dmg it doesnt die it just goes to 1 hp

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, give the enemy an immortal state so they can't die.

Next, at the end of each turn, run a battle event that checks if the enemy is at 0 HP. If that is the case, heal the enemy for 1 HP and then remove the immortal state.

If you're a bit more advanced, you can instead use Yanfly's Buffs States Core to run the HP check after each instance of damage taken using a custom respond effect, so you don't have to wait a full turn before you can actually kill the enemy.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Buffs_&_States_Core_(YEP)

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please give your threads meaningful titles in future.

WinnerVincent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, give the enemy an immortal state so they can't die.

Next, at the end of each turn, run a battle event that checks if the enemy is at 0 HP. If that is the case, heal the enemy for 1 HP and then remove the immortal state.

If you're a bit more advanced, you can instead use Yanfly's Buffs States Core to run the HP check after each instance of damage taken using a custom respond effect, so you don't have to wait a full turn before you can actually kill the enemy.

http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Buffs_&_States_Core_(YEP)
i cant find it where do i turn on a imortal state, and where do i check the enemys hp? will i need some kind of plugin

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think by default state 2 is an immortal state. You can make any state immortal by giving it the trait “resist state: knockout” you can check hp using a conditional branch in a troop event. You can use Yanfly’s base troop events if you want that to apply to every battle. I recommend you watch these tutorials.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!
Batch converting .mp3 to .ogg files is making my computer soooo slow!
When you spend hours working on an optional segment that players will only be in for 2 minutes in a single playthrough. That's the life right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JuneyBug