Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making this intro thread because apparently I need to post 30 times to commission plugins which doesn't really make sense to me but whatever xd
I've been playing with rpg maker since.. 2k3 I mean playing with because It was only a hobby. I've finally started creating a game that I'll finish & I've aimed for oct 31 to finish it.

What happens in it is your character is a mercenary found shipwrecked by a wandering ranger who carries you to the closest village where you wake up with no belongings and you choose what to do from there. You can take odd jobs like work at the Inn, help in the kitchens of the village manor, do minor quest for people until you can buy some equipment. If people like you they will be open to teaching you skills, and if they really like you they may help you on your quests by joining your team. Other PC have set skills that they can learn but your character can learn anything if the conditions are met, and by using those skills they will be able to learn more advanced skills/magics from those same schools. You can spread your learning out to learn a bit of everything or focus on one school and eventual master all it's spells/skills. There are 3 main quests/maps that drives the story, and upon completion, its sort of like winning an elder scrolls game. You are recognized for beating it but are free to keep playing as the world is somewhat open and there are several secret things like schools for necromancy and druids that aren't easily accessible. you can own a house in the Capitol. I'm playing with the idea of being able to open your own shop too, but it will probably be a simple mechanic like... a shopkeeper who buys specific items from you at 100% cost (Depending on what kind of shop you decide to open)

I didn't think it would be worth it to make a game I wouldn't play myself and tbh I'm kinda picky xd so I'm trying to make it good. I hope when it's done other people like it. It would be an honor for even 1 person to play it and like it. :p
anyway, here's some random screens to give you an idea of what It'll look like.

Thanks for reading, Hope you'll try it out when it's done! :)

Screen1.pngscreen2.pngscreen4.png

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I need to post 30 times to commission plugins which doesn't really make sense to me but whatever xd
There's a good reason for this.
Welcome to the forums, Geovid. :kaohi: Good luck on your game.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am making this intro thread because apparently I need to post 30 times to commission plugins which doesn't really make sense to me but whatever xd
It is for the security reason to make sure that people do not create the bad faith commission. The moderators have to get involved the fight that they want not to do. It is just headache for everyone involved.
Like @fluffymonster said.

Nice to meet you. Welcome to this community.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have just restored the Pelican Town Community Center in Stardew Valley. Somehow I feel like I've completed a rite of passage as a gamer.
Just a heads-up that Slip into Ruby and Jump into Javascript might be a bit slow for now while I'm on the team porting the YEP plugins to VisuStella's MZ suite.
So I managed to build a teleport skill. You can see the progression in the development topic
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/in-dev-multi-hit-target-selection.125049/

Here's how it looks:

But the real question is, can I pull off FF8?

I love these little slime battlers. Really wish I could find more animated ones :'(
The curse of retail: you get ideas, you want to make something with those ideas, but because you're always at friggin' work you can't actually do anything with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gothsorrowsuffer