hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Welcome stranger!

Now, this is pretty straight forward, like the title states, a thread where I'll post the custom balloon sets I made for my projects and general use.

(note that I am using this format in my own games, and for that reason I would be grateful if people use the templates I have provided to make some personal distinctions, rather than just using the default ones I provided. If you don't know how, then you are excused, of course).

I noticed a trend of people voicing dissatisfaction with the original set, and the fact that balloon sets seem to be rather scarce. So if you're looking for something to liven up your game, you've come to the right place.

I'm open to suggestions, if somebody has an idea or thoughts for new designs.

Disclaimer:

These ballons are for non-commercial use only. If somebody wants a balloon set for a commercial game, I'll be happy to make one for a spot in the credits of said game, and a free copy.

If you use these icons, I would prefer to be credited, but I don't demand it, nor will I be angry if you forget to do so.

So, without any further ado - please enjoy.

Finished balloons:

Fantasy

Modern

Uncategorized

Materials

(these are the icons and bubbles in separate format, so people can experiment and easily make their own personal balloon sets)

Backgrounds

fantasy

modern

Icons:

fantasy

modern

And for those who use the icon balloon script, here are single row backgrounds. you can use these as templates for whatever you end up making.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego2112

The Gaming Gamer Who Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very pretty!  I like that in the fantasy set, it's the candle rather'n a lightbulb.  Unique, cool, and downright clever!

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice set! Great to have an alternative to the heavily used rtp balloon icons.

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I really like these balloons. Especially those blue ones. Could you make those blue ones rounded as well?

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
If I have time tomorrow, I'll give it a look.

Do you want me to fit it with icons as well, or can you do this yourself?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are wonderful, Hian. I needed a more modern balloon set for my project, I'm glad you've posted these.

Thank you so much.

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
No it's ok just to have the base rounded. Thanks

Carillon Nightmares

One-Man Operation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Finally! Some balloons for my fantasy RPG game! Thanks so much!

I always hated seeing the light bulb....NOW I HAVE A CANDLE! BD

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
So here is the new rounded base I made per request.

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Those are really good. Although they look a bit blurred, or is it just me?

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
They have an extra outline to remove any pixelated edges, with a faded shadow so that they don't jar against the background.

I have two other rounded sets finished that have clearer edges. The problem with those, I found, was that due to the low native resolution of the balloon format, they would jar alot because of pixelated edges(making clean circles in this resolution is... Well, I'm not going to say impossible, but you probably get my point)

Give this one a try. If it seems off, I'll give it another go, so don't worry. We'll get it the way you want it.

Here are two more for reference.

I'll let you be the judge:

Last edited by a moderator:

pinkapinkie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
These are really better. I suppose it can be hard to clear the edges of the balloons, but i like both of them, really. The light blue one is the one i prefer though.

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
I'm glad you're happy. When I have more time I might make some new icons, and play around with different fonts, so if you ever grow tired of the ones you're using, check in once in a while.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Hian, are you still making balloon sets? I'd like to get one custom made for YANTH, though I'm on a deadline and I'd like it to be done very soon. Are you busy?

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Well, not too busy. How much time do I have and what kind of set do you have in mind?

Shape and colour of the balloons, style of font, and time period(candle, or lightbulb, or something else entirely?) would help me to speed things up.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome. The color you can keep white with a dark border, though not too much blurring. For the shape, I kind of like what you have up there, the one with sharp edges. Any font as long as its bold, sans serif. Time period would be basic, so light bulbs are fine, but the version up there is somewhat weird, maybe a smaller base.

Would you also mind sending them to me separately from the bubbles in case I want to change the colors? Thanks so much~

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Okay, I'm in it. Maybe I'll have it done by today.

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah awesome, thanks so much Hian. I didn't see this earlier. Will you let me use this in a commercial project? For a spot in the credits and a free copy as said above~

hian

Biggest Boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Sure. There are no parts of this set made from anything other than original art, and a few pixels from the rtp to make the lightbulb, so there shouldn't be any issues with that as far as I know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In medieval times, a common way to eat food was upon edible plates, which were made of bread, called trenchers.
Trauma, drama, llamas--sadly the only one of those things I'm not experiencing RN is the camelids.
Do you ever just write or say nonsense? String together words to make a sentence that sounds pretty but is meaningless?
Writing down my ideas for my next game during break times at work XD I need to finish my current one very soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Batmanfangirl98