Hiatus

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a heads up that I'll be taking a break from the forums. After my game broke today due to a windows update which means I may have to start my game from scratch, I've decided to take a break as Im too stressed atm with work and I simply don't have the determination to redo 100's of hours of work. This will be a temporary hiatus and my game will see the Dawn(see what I did there) eventually. I may decide to design a smaller more managable game in its place depending on how I feel when I return. As to when I'll come back, depends how well I sleep lol.

GuanyuMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dont know what happened there but good to know. Uploading some backups right now. For you I wish luck and hope you come back soon . As I saw someone saying here before, if rpg making is not your job it should be fun to do not a task. So taking a rest may be good fo you! Cya!

Gabrelik

Almighty Maker of Sandwiches
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been there before. Take a few days, realign, then get back on the horse. You'll find the passion for it again. I wouldn't stray too long though. You may never come back, and then the world may go without a wonderful concept. Nothing about this process is easy, but nothing worth doing really ever is. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished game. :D

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
Other
Sometimes, all you need is a break.

My breaks usually don't take longer than one or two weeks.

Just rest a bit and then return after you feel it's time to come back. :wink:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hell damn windows 10 updates. Always against our productivity :( I'm awaiting a windows 10 update too, because I've had constant problems with HDD being at 100% last days, still hasn't come though. But maybe it's because the update is going to be a big one :D

Snow White

Worst case Senerio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's gonna be strange without you here, but I agree, if it isn't fun anymore it's probably time to take a break :)
And we will be awaiting your return, Gifs in hand :p

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dang, I think a lot of people have had issues with Windows updates lately, myself included. Like, there was this stupid update that made it so I could barely use Photoshop because it was scrolling instead of drawing.
Hopefully you get things worked out. I was actually pretty interested in your game. :/

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah it's necessary to take a step back and wrap your mind around the situation. You must feel overwhelmed. I usually need time to cool down the emotions & rethink before starting over. :LZSsad:

Have lots of restful sleep, and collect some jokes to bring back to us, please?:)

my game will see the Dawn(see what I did there)
*head scratching* uhhh yeah ... you... used a parenthesis.

Nothing can stop the Dawn of course, the night is temporary and perfect for sleep, dreams and pajamas. But the Dawn always comes back.

Take care of yourself. You have my support. :)...

ps This comment is dedicated to all the stalkers out there. You know who you are.

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just backed up my own project after reading these status and forum posts on separate thumb drives/computers, just to be sure.

I've also redone my project a dozen times by now, all voluntarily. And what I've learned is that each time you do so, you get better, faster, your project looks and progresses by magnitudes because of everything you've learned. I know redoing everything sounds like a daunting task, but if you ever did, you'll surprise yourself with how quickly you can replicate it and how much closer to your vision it will be.

Just don't give up completely! Good luck to you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a quick update, yes I am still on a technical hiatus but my project has been fixed and is back up and running. Apparently the windows update had done something to the One Drive settings meaning that the game couldn't find or access certain materials. Plus plugins like yanfly's doodads, some randoms super tools engine, which would also mean possible his other tools engine are reset and wont work. Thankfully I backed up my project meaning no harm done eventually.

If anyone has and ends up with this problem I recommend disabling your windows one drive and downloading a backed up project as that seems to fix it.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And that is why I never use Onedrive. Though it would still be a good idea to get it out of mydocuments, as I've seen updates wipe that directory by accident.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have my game backed up on google drive. I back my project everytime I update it.

Reactions: Low

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I personally use medaifre for the backups. Too many of those drive programs have corrupted files due to synch issues in the past for me to trust them. With mediafire,I just upload the zip and it doesn't touch it. Plus, it keeps all the zip files of past backups until I choose to erase one so I can have multiple versions.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just remember it does have a 10 GB upload limit, which is the most files you can ever have on there, unless you pay for more storage. But unless your game is really huge it will still let you keep a few backups in one spot. To give you an idea, my game without the RTP is ~350MB, so I can keep about 25 versions of the game up there before I got to get rid of one. But that's still a lot of backups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on Citali's profile.
Kikuo!
The lack of bike trails and bungee jump areas in this city should be criminalized.
SF_Actor3_8 added!

A recent screenshot that I also shared on Reddit and the likes, links in my signature if you want to follow :)

I am starting to get a hang of this parallaxing mapping business. Still inexperienced, but at least I can be a lot more creative now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NJP